Views: 165
Size:  285.4 KB
    hello

Canon 1DmkIII-Canon 400mm f5.6
    1/2500 f5.6 iso800
    your feedback is important

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beak and head need sharpening and I would remove the second small catchlight. Head turn is enough for me but barely...
    You post a lot of different birds, this is a nice one..
    Dan Kearl

3. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dan, thanks .
    An old photo I found on the disc

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Volkan, the colours look good, I quite like the side lighting, it makes a change from flat light. I also get the impression it could benefit from a little more sharpening, maybe the tip of the bill is not quite in focus? I would consider a perch without a snapped off end, (it draws attention from the bird).

6. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Volkan, looks like all the PP has come together nicely and you are finding your feet finally.

Good you kept the SS high, you need it for these guys, but just watch your DoF if the head is slightly away from you, as the beak tip will start to go soft. The files from the MK3 are a lot cleaner, so PP should be easier for you and the sharpness in the Raw is oh so good. Agree with Jon on the perch, they love new perches and will always investigate new ones, so lookout for a better perch. Based on the OP I think going Landscape would have been a better option, so the KF is looking more into frame.

Overall I quite like the lighting here, but you could just open the darks/shadows up a little and with some selective tweaks in the Saturation sliders, Colour Balance, (both in PSCC) you could punch up the colours a wee bit more, however we all see things differently both on our monitors & perception, so matter of taste to a degree.

Well done, all the best.

TFS
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Kaluski; 02-19-2021 at 05:51 AM.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

8. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just another thought based on the OP, you could just crop a little off the top & bottom, but keeping the same width.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

10. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE = Jonathan Ashton; 1253654] Volkan, renkler güzel görünüyor, yan aydınlatmayı çok beğendim, düz ışıktan bir değişiklik yapıyor. Ayrıca biraz daha keskinleştirmeden fayda sağlayabileceği izlenimini edindim, belki de faturanın ucu tam olarak odakta değil? Uç kısmı kopuk bir levrek düşünürdüm (kuşun dikkatini çeker). [/ QUOTE]

Jonathan'a teşekkür ederim.
    Değer kattın. kesinlikle haklısın
    F5.6 It was a wrong choice.
    Last edited by Volkan Akgul; 02-19-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Volkan, looks like all the PP has come together nicely and you are finding your feet finally.

Good you kept the SS high, you need it for these guys, but just watch your DoF if the head is slightly away from you, as the beak tip will start to go soft. The files from the MK3 are a lot cleaner, so PP should be easier for you and the sharpness in the Raw is oh so good. Agree with Jon on the perch, they love new perches and will always investigate new ones, so lookout for a better perch. Based on the OP I think going Landscape would have been a better option, so the KF is looking more into frame.

Overall I quite like the lighting here, but you could just open the darks/shadows up a little and with some selective tweaks in the Saturation sliders, Colour Balance, (both in PSCC) you could punch up the colours a wee bit more, however we all see things differently both on our monitors & perception, so matter of taste to a degree.

Well done, all the best.

TFS
    Steve
    Hi Steve,
    Thank you very much for your help. You are valuable to me, master. If you have permission, I want to put this on my personal site. I'm not drinking :) I'm sending love

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Volkan it’s all yours, you are the author & creator. All the best.

14. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

:thanks a lot, good people :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Volkan, I have just sent you a screen grab of your camera settings which you NEED to change, especially Auto balance and sRGB to Adobe RGB.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Volkan, taking the file into LR the image is sharp, but you did need more DoF... say f/8 as the bill is soft, but the KF is super sharp with good detail. The white flash isn't blown, but I think either 0 or -1/3 EV may have been better. Your in camera settings need to change, but you have that now. The detailed info both Andreas & I have given you means you can deliver the image as there is nothing complex or using third party stuff, so keeping it simple is key. At ISO800 there is no noise in the file and so certainly no need to use NR, not that you should ever do at 800. The file being landscape is better than the OP, and provides many options to crop.

From the file supplied this a quick take as it needs very little PP, all under 10 mins from import.

BTW when I saw in the intro Canon MK3 I thought it was the 1DX MK3, it's not, so disregard my earlier comment.

Steve

18. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

beatiful
    1200x800 :)

thanks Steve...
    Last edited by Volkan Akgul; 02-19-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Volkan ... lovely image of the KF .
    One of my favorite European birds ... so pretty IMHO .
    Nice IQ .... old kit worked well .

TFS Andreas

21. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Andreas,

Good to see you Andreas. I am glad you like it. It gets better thanks to you and Steve. got the foundation. Thank you, I am indebted to you :) your wonderful support and sharing gives me enthusiasm.