Thread: A Tiger after ages ...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Tiger after ages ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing fine and staying safe.

Life is not normal these days and I was very busy with work with lots of things happening on work front , hence , been missing for so long.

I will try to ease my self slowly into posting here at wildlife forum and see how things move on work front so that there is a proper balance.

Coming to the image, I was finally able to go on a one day trip to a nearby tiger reserve and was able to see a tiger after Dec 2019.
    This is a young female who is trying to make her territory and we hope that she might be able to do it successfully.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, levels, selective colour, NR ( one rnd), sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1000, f/5.6, iso 2500

Looking forward for your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.
    Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hy Haseeb, it;s a nice image of the tigress. I like her body posture,looks like she just saw you and she's about to stop ( her front paws suggests braking). Alert and intent stare, whas she about to snarl at you? I think a bit more space above would be better, woild balance out the frame.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, like the low POV, pose and framing, I also like the strong gaze and open mouth. Agree with Dan, a fraction more above and I would loose the white blob on the RHS. Overall it a appears a bit flat, adding a MidTone Curve and a tweak in the Colour balance just adds a nice 'pop' overall Haseeb, it could also do with a tad more USM.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Dan and Steve .

Nice suggestions .

@ Dan : she came towards us then sat on the track for a while and then she stood up, it is at that moment I happened to make this frame.

@ Steve : Your RP improves things , you could post it here as well for others if they want to have a look. Will work on that . A bit more space at the top won’t harm. I don’t think it is very flat but agree a bit more pop can do.

thank you once again .

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I don’t think it is very flat but agree a bit more pop can do.
    It just comes down to how we all view things Haseeb, no worries, but a tad more pop would be good.
    Hope everything is good at your end and the Princess is growing up fast & healthy, I'll get the my 'Golden ticket' to travel again by the end of May. Bet 'The Doc' is flat out?????
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

All fine as of now Steve at my end.

May sounds interesting for you. All the best.

Doc is very busy at work end , he has not travelled in a while. Same with me , did a short trip to bandhavgarh with family very recently , not much on tiger front but it was refreshing nonetheless.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the image but it looks a little washed out, maybe as suggested a little contrast would help, to me the tiger seems a little pale.

8. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

Glad all is well on your side and you are finding a bit of time for photography, I am a little jealous

Lovely image and POV is superb, eye contact is magic. Yes to a bit more 'pop' if you can find the time to RP. Framing looks good but I agree with Dan and Steve, a tad more at the top would be beneficial.

Enjoyed viewing, very much. Hope you have more opportunities to get away and enjoy the beautiful tigers, they are so special

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela .

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Am late on this one Haseeb, its a fine image. Loved the head on pose and low angle. Well processed and good techs.