Thread: Cape Fox kitten

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cape Fox kitten

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... one of the best moments of that trip in 2014 , watching the Cape Foxes at the den .
    The small critters has been so fast , when playing .... I really struggled to get them in motion . 90 % of the shots went into the bin ....
    But I managed to get some static ones .
    This one was shot in early morning light .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200-400 IS L with TC engaged ( 560 mm )
    Beanbag

F 8 ; Iso 1250 ; 1/1250 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2021 ; slightly cropped from bottom and RHS , little gardening in FG

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, I really like this image, I have looked for a second time.... and it's just as good! The kitten looks very relaxed and I also like the OOF adult on the left, it looks like a calm serene moment well done.
    Nothing wrong with the processing though personally I may reduce the highlights a little, the adult is just a little bright on my tired old eyes.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this nice native perspective. Good detail on the young one and colors all around look good. Like the way the adult is in the background. I may have been tempted to remove some of the grass off the adult. It just seems like the eye is drawn to those three prominent stems.
    Either way great image TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon and Kevin for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Jon ... I hear you with your thoughts about the brighter parts in the BG female , for me not important as the cuteness factor is just too high of the pup .... well to my eyes

Kevin .... i am hearing you too about the stems , the same with Jon and the brighter parts of the female , the stems are just a slight negative side effect ... well again for me . And a NONO from my side to cloning in this case .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic image Andreas- loved the framing and little one is very cute indeed.

Nice IQ and warm colours are doing justice to the actual scene . This is a very nice image.

TFS !

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Superb capture Andreas,

I know how difficult it was to grab a shot of those little ones, so well done from me! Most of my shots also went to the bin, just could not decide where to aim when all pups were running around!

Really like the presence of Mom in the background, eyes closed for a moment, she is resting a bit. Kids can be demanding and exhausting... And sometimes birds of prey - or jackals - are around, looking for a quick meal.

Colour-wise this is spot on, light was golden. IQ very good. Oh, and the little one is right by the den, I see clearly where he popped up fromNicely seen and taken, works for me as presented. Well processed too.

Lovely memory, thank you for sharing! My apologies for being absent in the Wildlife Forum for long periods of time, been missing out on such lovely images. At work it is rather hectic and I am also moving house. Will pop in here as often as I can

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Haseeb and Gabriela

Gabriela .... we will never forget the whole trip , I guess !!!!!!!!! I personally met some really nice people there ... .... one of the best trips I ever made !!!!!!