Thank You Posts

Default Long Tailed Tit

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX Mk2
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2 with 1.4iii
    f/5.6
    1/1000
    ISO 2500

Inspired by Jon's LTT image I went to my set up in a local woodland today, as we at last, had some decent light. I was hoping to photograph these cuties, but it's usually a hit or a miss if they turn up. I got lucky and a flock of 8 turned up...Most of them went straight onto the feeder...This wee guy perched nearby waiting for his turn, giving me a few shots...I liked the pose on this one as he looked at the rest of the birds on the feeder. BTW Jon...it would appear to be the fat/suet balls they like best....Tripod...ACR..DNAI..PS2021.

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's a peach Will, love it!
    Yes fat balls - they love them and chopped peanuts (as opposed to whole peanuts).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Will, wow yeah that is certainly one mightily long tail! I think Jon recently posted one of these?

You captured a cute pose whereas normally I'd desire a little more eye contact but this is actually works okay for me. Sort of bit of contemplation in the subject. Details are nice as usual and love the hint of pink/magenta in the shoulder and flank.

My main critique would be that we lose the posterior foot and the perch as focus falls off. Minor but still probably on the wish list. You might also clone out those two dots in the bright spot on far right.

Like it though on the whole!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will .... lovely image of this very nice tit species . I do like the pose with look up ... top notch !!!

Framing is spot on for me . Nice tones and a ton of details in this little critter . WB is slightly " off" to my eyes as the image is showing blue and magenta .... maybe you like it .

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love that look of anticipation, details and the perch/lichen. TFS

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'd blow some colour into the lighter areas of the BKG here Will just to tone them back. Taking a test shot when finally set-up for Exp, plus when reviewing the JPEG I think it would have helped Will for the backdrop. Nice colours, you must be within touching distance.

BTW Jon...it would appear to be the fat/suet balls they like
    Correct, best in a nice cage.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the perch, pose, details and composition. Looks like he is ready to leap for his dinner. Well done Will.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks guys...appreciated. I agree Steve...I think if all the backdrop was like the lower half, it would be better......I'll be back

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The tilt of that fluffy-ball of a head put this one way over the top!!! Mazel tov. With that face, it does not ever look like a bird!

with love and TFS,

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

10. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post