Thread: Oh My Gosh Becky..

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Oh My Gosh Becky..

Name:  20210120-Northern-Shoveler-Drake-wingsdown-COLORS-Brian-Sump-BMS_7801-FUORUM-SS33-RESAVETIF-expu.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  588.6 KB

Look at that bill!

Northern Shoveler Drake.

I assume there will be some comments about this being 1 degree past parallel and to that I don't have an answer. But what I do know is that was pretty stoked to get it as-is so as to get the iridescence popping in the primaries.

Canon R5
    840mm
    Handheld
    ISO 1000
    f6.3
    1/6400

LR and PS, DN. Some blending in bkg, no other major trickery other than adding a sliver of canvas.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Killer frame. Man, that spot is a stone-cold winner! No complaints from me. Just curious how long I'll be able to hold out on buying the R5.

And, as for Sir Mix-a-Lot, I somehow ended up on stage with him when he performed at a Halloween Party at Stanford while I was an undergraduate there.
    His entourage seemed pretty stoked that I was double fisting 40 ouncers of Olde English. I don't remember a thing after that, so it was probably a pretty
    solid rest of the night.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just love the colors and the iridescence as well as the pose and that awesome BG (as usual). TFS

ps
    Framing perfect for me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice frame... at 1/6400 you are leaving nothing to chance....I would like that light. Color and exposure is perfect.
    Dan Kearl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another excellent duck in flight image Brian! Exposure, color, detail all looks great! Congrats again

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool that's a " SUMP"

Keep up the great work Brian . Nice colors and overall tonal range .... besides my personal enemy . But you can greatly live with it ....
    You seem to have a perfect location(s) to get all of your ducks flying past you .... enjoy it .
    Keep them coming ...

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lookin terrific Brian. Do you shot off IS on your lens when bif? If yes, would you comment about what you noticed to be different bc of IBIS? Also, no DPP on this one? colors look good...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks pretty much perfect to me! I don't think it past you yet - we can see the far wing creeping in front of the near one, which suggests not being passed (my less-than-stellar physics reasoning anyhow). I love the colours, and the speculum nicely lit.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another beauty Brian....No nits here...Love the colours on the bird and all very well detailed and sharp....What a great BG.....I would love to have some of that beautiful light you are getting. Agree with Dan, it don't look it's past you and the head turn takes it over the top.

Good work(again)

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image Brian! Everything came together perfectly here.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    Killer frame. Man, that spot is a stone-cold winner! No complaints from me. Just curious how long I'll be able to hold out on buying the R5.

And, as for Sir Mix-a-Lot, I somehow ended up on stage with him when he performed at a Halloween Party at Stanford while I was an undergraduate there.
    His entourage seemed pretty stoked that I was double fisting 40 ouncers of Olde English. I don't remember a thing after that, so it was probably a pretty
    solid rest of the night.
    Hahah, man seriously I was LOL when I read this. Why can I legit picture you on stage with him... DJ'ing I am guessing?

Probably better those days are past eh!?

RE R5, I really like it. I don't have exp with the 1DX and I know a few R5'ers who have their 1DX's listed for sale right now. Hopefully soon my man - in fact I gather when the R1 is announced you will have a chance to pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Just love the colors and the iridescence as well as the pose and that awesome BG (as usual). TFS

ps
    Framing perfect for me.
    David, your comments are appreciated and well received. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dankearl View Post
    Very nice frame... at 1/6400 you are leaving nothing to chance....I would like that light. Color and exposure is perfect.
    Much appreciated Dan. That's right, when the light is available I'm takin 1/6400 on these guys. I think less can work but getting all the little details is worth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Bowman View Post
    Another excellent duck in flight image Brian! Exposure, color, detail all looks great! Congrats again
    Kurt, thanks so much my friend! Hope we get a chance to shoot together soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Cool that's a " SUMP"

Keep up the great work Brian . Nice colors and overall tonal range .... besides my personal enemy . But you can greatly live with it ....
    You seem to have a perfect location(s) to get all of your ducks flying past you .... enjoy it .
    Keep them coming ...

TFS Andreas
    Haha, so what categorizes a "Sump"? I hope it's good....

The river has been gracious this winter, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by annmpacheco View Post
    Lookin terrific Brian. Do you shot off IS on your lens when bif? If yes, would you comment about what you noticed to be different bc of IBIS? Also, no DPP on this one? colors look good...
    Ann, very much appreciate your comments.

You know, I have never once shot with IS off. Apparently there is a gang who claims you're supposed to but... I haven't. Maybe I'm missing out on better images?

I have only used DPP a couple times - on that one Wigeon and I think one Goldeneye. I realized I have much more fine control in LR for brights and shadows and I feel a touch better detail. Then when I get to PS I can really unleash things. Most likely, however, I just don't fully understand DPP.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Looks pretty much perfect to me! I don't think it past you yet - we can see the far wing creeping in front of the near one, which suggests not being passed (my less-than-stellar physics reasoning anyhow). I love the colours, and the speculum nicely lit.
    Daniel, to hear you say that has much weight. And FWIW, I loved the physics and personally would agree. A dear friend of ours suggested it was past so I mentioned it here.

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    Another beauty Brian....No nits here...Love the colours on the bird and all very well detailed and sharp....What a great BG.....I would love to have some of that beautiful light you are getting. Agree with Dan, it don't look it's past you and the head turn takes it over the top.

Good work(again)

Will
    Will, always glad to have your feedback my friend. Very much appreciate your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crosswell View Post
    Great image Brian! Everything came together perfectly here.

Jim, thanks a million!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another sweet frame of your local duckage. Perfect flight shot IMO; no nits.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Bill!