Thread: Evening Grosbeak.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Evening Grosbeak.

Attached Images Attached Images

Just like Gail, I've been blessed with Evening Grosbeaks locally this winter. But unlike her, I've not been able to setup, yet. They've been frequenting a feeder in a public trail area with very easy access...so I'll need to get out there real early one morning, armed with some specially selected perches, but in the meantime here is one that landed on an OK branch all of its own choosing.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/4, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the comp (it is originally vertical as well), an unfortunate twig running behind the subject has been removed via content aware and cloning, eye work to improve its look (ugly reflections).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the image. I do no think the branches at the top add to the image.
    I would crop it. If we need a different aspect ratio then I would add more to the bottom

Very Nice Colors.

TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Daniel,

The colors I fear the most are yellow, red, black. You have overcome these very well. it's kind of difficult for me. thank you. It was a pleasure to watch. winter atmosphere is perfect. sharpness is very good. iso 1600 F8 :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, I agree with the top branches. I'd rather remove the reddish "V" than crop as I like the amount of space above the grosbeak. I can't wait to go back for a proper setup!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Daniel lovely looking bird , I do like the overall colors and the image design .
    Perch might be not ideal , not that important to me . I personally could live with it , easy as I have no images of them ..... have never seen them , so expectations might be lower

TFS Andreas