Thread: Florida Fall revisited...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Florida Fall revisited...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/320 ISO 1600 HH, Manual EXP, cropped for composition

Just another frame from a morning early last month. Tried to adjust using feedback from previous post. This young male had just landed and pulled in wings. Was in the process of pulling in tail and leather fern leaves on right where springing back for a slight motion blur at this low SS. Liked the effect. The landing was cool but I clipped wing and tail feathers on previous frame. Sun was just rising.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the pose and colourful palette, this is a good example of a blackbird not actually black, I can see shades of brown through to almost tan. The plumage I am not familiar with but if you reduce the blue there does it help or is the colour spot on??

4. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, lovely looking frame, love the fiery warm and saturated colours, juxtapose to the subject, he/she really stands out nicely, especially with that fan tail. I wonder if stepping slightly to your right so the grey stip running down the centre was partially hidden and the red leaves kind of acting as a shadow behind the orange FG ones????

Interesting Jon see's Blue, as I see Magenta and so I would add some green via the Tint, however....

Taking a bit of 'artistic license', but using a Curves saturation adjustment I would push the colours a bit more to add some depth and then use a Curves adjustment to enrich the Blacks of the subjects plumage. If you have it then a little more to the LHS would be nice.

I like this one David and mainly because it's smaller in frame with room for the subject to breathe.

If you want to see an interpretation shout.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gents,
    Thanks as always for the help. I reduced blue, magenta and purple sat in DPP and warmed a little in camera raw due to feedback from previous post of this bird. Me playing with the tint slider is usually a recipe for complete disaster. The male RWB starts out with coloration similar to the female. By first year there is more black than brown and red coloration is also reduced but usually no shoulder patch yet. This guy looks like somewhere between first year and full mature plumage. At maturity, they are more black and the red streaking looks to be almost gone with a more prominent shoulder patch. It was still low light and just as the morning sun was peaking through trees behind me. The raw is too cool for sure. Thanks again, mates.
    Peace,
    David

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty frame with nice color and pose. There is blue on the bird to reduce...
    Dan Kearl

9. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David , nice one .
    Cool small in the frame image . Love the warm light and the backdrop is priceless .
    Might just drop the saturation in the main subject

TFS Andreas

11. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post