Thread: Favorite Diver...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Favorite Diver...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/640 ISO 1600 HH, Manual EXP, medium crop for rotation and composition

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the warm Autumnal colours here David and bow wave. Is there any work done in the top RHC some areas look/appear very odd???

Did you have time to try and experiment on 'building exposure' ?

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    I like the warm Autumnal colours here David and bow wave. Is there any work done in the top RHC some areas look/appear very odd???

Did you have time to try and experiment on 'building exposure' ?

TFS
    Steve
    Hi Steve,
    Just minimum processing here. I did set large radius burn brush before compression and only one tapped the sky reflection portions of water as i sometimes get complaints about such areas being too bright. That top left corner has the dullest sky reflection and probably didn't need it. Thank soo much for the video. I have seen it before. I am still in the playing stage with this rig to test and demonstrate the IBIS/lens IS coordination as well as how well it performs at higher ISO. I do fully understand any stabilization tech only affects camera/lens/me stability and can not do anything for subject movement (ie motion blur). Your very valued help is always appreciated, mate.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Are you ‘feathering’ the brush? I quite like the brighter elements as it brings some life, so there is some interesting tonal ranges.

I was referring to how to be the relationships with SS, F/stop and ISO, so things are more inline and not so erratic so to speak.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Are you ‘feathering’ the brush? I quite like the brighter elements as it brings some life, so there is some interesting tonal ranges.

I was referring to how to be the relationships with SS, F/stop and ISO, so things are more inline and not so erratic so to speak.
    Ah, I get your point... I will admit, i am very much a "by feel" exposure guy. Weird since my university training is in Mathematics. Please do suggest better EXP settings and why on my individual posts as it might help drive the points home. Thanks again, mate...

Oh, and yes i liked it better before the slight burn but some of my previous posts have been perceived as bright in areas that are not overexposed but near the edge. I believe my monitor (far from the greatest) is a little too dim when calibrated with the spyder. I thought perhaps the slight burn would help. I take your point, especially in that corner as it was already dimmer than the other bright areas.
    Last edited by David Roach; 01-15-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the water but a lower angle would be better...
    Dan Kearl

9. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post