Thread: Bite Me!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bite Me!

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created on the morning of 7 January 2021 at Indian Lake Estates. Standing outside of my SUV, I used the Induro GIT 404L/Levered-Clamp FlexShooter Pro-mounted Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS lens and the blazingly fast AF King, the Sony Alpha a9 II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body. ISO 1250. Exposure determined by Zebras with ISO on the rear wheel: 1/2500 sec. at f/4.5 in Manual mode. Baited with road-kill.

Center Zone Continuous AF was active at the moment of exposure and performed perfectly. Click the image to see a larger version.

I clipped three primaries. To see the original, learn a bit about RawDigger, and see the perfectly framed image just before this one, see the blog post here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome and appreciated.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie, wow...!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie:

Dramatic action captured, love the bite and talon visible as the flying bird chomps on the grounded one. Nice primary repair.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fab capture....The POV, BG, subjects all good...On the iMac here gives the feeling that there was too much processing going on to make it twin with the other bird. The feather detail on the flying bird is awesome

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    Fab capture....The POV, BG, subjects all good...On the iMac here gives the feeling that there was too much processing going on to make it twin with the other bird. The feather detail on the flying bird is awesome

Will
    Thanks, Will. Not sure where you are going with "to make it a twin with the other bird." I did not do much to this image aside from the repair and nothing was done to either bird. For any reason :)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Thanks, Will. Not sure where you are going with "to make it a twin with the other bird." I did not do much to this image aside from the repair and nothing was done to either bird. For any reason :)

with love, artie
    Just looking at both heads

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks good to me Artie! Can't help feeling it needs a tad cw rotation...maybe due to the dip in the grass on the lower left side? and maybe a bit more canvas on the top and right...feels a little tight there.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The action is really sweet! I've never seen two TUVUs interact like this; they're usually so docile. Great view of the right bird's underwing. Primary clips hardly noticeable in context of whole frame.

I like Paul's suggestion to rotate the image CW a bit. I would also close the carrion while I was at it.

All in all, a very striking image!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

how did I miss this, love the interaction , processing looks spot on from here + killer exposure. I agree with rotation

TFS and happy new year
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog