Thread: Elephant Seal Pup saying ... Hello

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Elephant Seal Pup saying ... Hello

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... think I have posted this before .
    But I wanted to give the image another go ...

The image was taken on South Georgia Island at a landing site called " Cooper Bay " .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
    EF 500 IS L
    Tripod

F 5,6 ; Iso 2000 ; 1/1600 sec ; with hindsight closing the aperture might have been better fora tiny bit more DOF

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2021 ; cropped from RHS as the central placement was not ideal , so I had to make a compromise in post . Would have loved to get more space on the LHS .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looking at the image on the web I wondered if the eyelids were in focus but looking in PSCC they look fine, the image does not appear to have an embedded SRGB profile so not too sure if I am getting the optimal view.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, POV is good and I like the youngsters antics. The Seals behind are a little distracting, I wonder about just toning them down, however it does look about right. Was the image under exposed as again wonder if the darker 3/4 should be a bit more deeper??? I can see where Jon is coming from about sharpness, but again I just think it ma=y stem from bit more Contrast Mid tone???? File has an embedded profile, but why have you removed Exif data/ownership????

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jon and Steve for your comment .

Jon - the pup went to the eye doctor ... maybe slightly overdone . Looked about right in PS , so I left it . Surprised to read about the missing profile ......... my machine is asking which profile to use when opening the frame in PS ( the working profile or the embedded ) . Well well ..... wonder who's machine is setup " correctly "

Steve - with hindsight , taking your thoughts into account , I could have darkened the BG seals .... just overlooked that .The image is more under , slightly clipped in the snow patches .... for sure I can go deeper with the 3/4 tones , albeit very slightly IMHO. So please be not too picky with the grey socks ...... No exif removed .... just never save them with the file , as far as I know . But here you go .... take a look

Threads
    Thank You Posts

for sure I can go deeper with the 3/4 tones , albeit very slightly IMHO. So please be not too picky with the grey socks .....
    I'm not, just asking.

Re Exif you used to when exporting out I thought, I just wondered why you had stopped, as having your name embedded at least is helpful as that I think cannot be removed?
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve ... I did not stop actually , must happened accidentally .... or it does happen when exporting from C1 ????
    You know , you can ask or be picky ... no problem for me , always good to hear different opinions

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No idea, mine I think is set automatically as all check boxes are checked in LR so it just embeds it.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas sorry my mistake, I misread the message in PS, I thought it said does not have sRGB profile, it didn't!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No worries .... Jon , was just surprised

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The pose makes this one for me.