Thread: Female Leopard

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Female Leopard

Attached Images Attached Images

One from the archives, this gorgeous female we found deep in the undergrowth, with a young cub. Even found the young Dumay trying to get onto the plot for those who remember him, sadly it was just too difficult.

With good technique you can get away with a slow SS, but with the technology that has advanced camera bodies, pushing the ISO isn't an issue for a faster SS. Eyes to nose is about right, happy the ears are not. The light was slightly challenging.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Leopard (F) (Panthera pardus)
    Camera: Canon EOS-1D X
    Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT HH
    Exposure: 1/400s at f/5.6 ISO1600
    Original format: Portrait, very slight crop from the top
    Processed via: LRC 9.4 & PS2020
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve nice one ... glad you found a spot without any disturbing elements !!!!
    Well handled dappled light and I like the overall tonal range / contrast . Sharp as it could be with just the right amount of DOF . Gorgeous eyes ....

From the color POV I am not so 100 % keen on that .... for me the image has an overall yellowish cast to it . If you like it that way ... ok . I feel the coloration is somehow " flat " as the yellow is quite dominating the colors , would love to see more separation between the various colors

Nice one , TFS Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

From the color POV I am not so 100 % keen on that .... for me the image has an overall yellowish cast to it . If you like it that way ... ok . I feel the coloration is somehow " flat " as the yellow is quite dominating the colors , would love to see more separation between the various colors
    That's exactly what I wanted Andreas and yes, colour will be flat as the light was flat, no real direction.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Okidoki ....

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Look at those eyes!! A real attention grabbing image if ever I saw one! other details are equally intriguing - blood on the whiskers and could that possibly be a tick on her right lip?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like the content pose on the leopard. What is that little dot right next to the pupil on the left?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The eyes have it:) Beautifull detail in the face, I like the intent look and the front paws in the FG. The foliage around her just adds to the image, tells the story of its environement. PP wise still not much to say from my part:)