Thread: Sigma 150-600 vs Tamron 150-600

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sigma 150-600 vs Tamron 150-600

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new zoom lens. I have a Nikon Z6, Nikon D600 and a Nikon D7000 with a Nikon 24-70 F2.8, a Nikon 70-200 F2.8 and a Tokina 16-28 F2.8.

I live in central Utah, and I have access to a wonderful wetland full of water fowl. However, it is very difficult to get decent pictures with the above lenses. I'm looking at buying either the Sigma or the Tamron. Does anyone have any advice about which one they prefer?

Thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Justin,

I can only talk from a 3rd party perspective - I know a few people with the Sigma versions but none with the Tamron. They're all satisfied with it, and whilst it's not going to compete with the big F4 lenses it does seem to be a good lens for the price

Hope that helps a little

Mike

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. After a little more research I think I might go with the Nikon 200-500 f/5.6.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another good budget option but there do seem to be a few lemons floating about.

If you go with the Nikon make sure its from somewhere you can return it if it's a soft copy. Get the right one and you should have a nice sharp lens, but I've spoken to plenty of people who have needed to return a copy or 2. Take your time and you'll be fine in the long run

Mike