Thread: Sister Golden Hair Surprise..

Threaded View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sister Golden Hair Surprise..

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f8 1/500 ISO 800 HH, Manual EXP, slight crop for composition

In the final step of processing for this image (sharpening for presentation), began to realize it was a trend in general with images off this sensor that they were already sharper than the R and needed much less at final step. I remembered when I first got the R I set the sharpness strength to 3 per Artie and Ari's DPP guide as that was the recommendation for the 5DMKIV sensor. Then read an in depth review of R where the author discovered the R actually had sharper images off the sensor than 5DMKIV and the default SH strength should be set to 2 in DPP. First I reverified that DPP does not apply in camera Picture Style to raw files. Check. So went back to the digital picture website and sure enough the same author did a similar in depth review of the R5 and R6. Sure enough, the R6 was also sharper off this new sensor and SH strength in DPP should be set to default 1. Didn't here, but will change default going forth.

This image was created as the large golden ball hung on the horizon on a very clear, dry, cold evening. So, the usual intense last light on everything. In fact cooled this a little in camera raw but I love natural cast.

Thanks as always for all previous very valued comments, help and learnings. Keep them coming, please.
    Last edited by David Roach; 12-04-2020 at 06:58 PM.