Thread: All the colors...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default All the colors...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/200 ISO 800 HH, Manual EXP, AF method is AED, FF

Walking along on first morning with new rig. It is early and skies were mildly overcast all morning. Spotted this beauty doing high wire balancing act on a sketchy perch (too thin). Now glossy Ibis are true to there name at just the right sun angle when clear. But in soft light like this, you can see all the colors but not the shiny. So, I ran up to get the soft light colors. As I got closer noticed BG would be a wetland field of blooming purple pickerel, big smile came to my face as rig was brought up to eye. Home on computer, got to this one and remembered that smile.

Thanks as always for all very valued help and learnings. Please keep it coming...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, nice Glossy Ibis image. Good separation between the bird and background providing a pure background. I think there might be a magenta cast, see what others say. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Przybyla View Post
    Hi David, nice Glossy Ibis image. Good separation between the bird and background providing a pure background. I think there might be a magenta cast, see what others say. Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks as always Joe for your helpful suggestion. Took a little more magenta and added a little more warmth.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Thanks as always Joe for your helpful suggestion. Took a little more magenta and added a little more warmth.
    Hi David, the image looks better to me. I have always struggled with seeing color casts and removing them. Now I pay more attention to trying to see if there is a color cast and what might have reflected the light to cause it. I look at the whites, the RBG values, which for white should be pretty close to the same value.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

Threads
    Thank You Posts

There is still a MAJOR magenta color cast to the repost.

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Started from scratch, twice as much magenta reduced and warmth added. Thanks as always Gail for your valued help.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, I did a quick edit so you could see the image without the magenta color cast. I used the white balance eyedropper tool in Lightroom setting the white patch above the bill near the eye to neutral white.
    Joe Przybyla