Thread: Paddling in the early morning sky...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Paddling in the early morning sky...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/640 ISO 1600 HH, Manual EXP, Cropped for better composition.
    Last edited by David Roach; 11-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Clean and simple with excellent detail and contrast. I think this the most technically sound image you've posted. Artistically, I might either take some off the top as that frame upper bit of the frame feels unintentionally empty as is. You could also move the bird and reflection up a bit. You certainly have the detail to in a bit. I'd love to see a slightly lower shooting angle -- but only if it let you keep the reflection.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    Clean and simple with excellent detail and contrast. I think this the most technically sound image you've posted. Artistically, I might either take some off the top as that frame upper bit of the frame feels unintentionally empty as is. You could also move the bird and reflection up a bit. You certainly have the detail to in a bit. I'd love to see a slightly lower shooting angle -- but only if it let you keep the reflection.
    Thanks my man, the words of encouragement mean something when coming from you...

ps
    Was much lower, this is where I could get that sky and the subjects reflection well.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey David, about as perfect as a reflection can be. Nice colors and feather detail, wonderfully calm water. If mine I might try masking and lightning the reflection to reveal more detail there. Reflections alway seem to be darker than what is reflected. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice indeed, the reflection as mentioned is well shown, very pleasing as presented but from a personal viewpoint I would lower the luminosity on the water just a little, there is quite a large are of (not overexposed) but to my eye bright water, I think just lowering a little would make the image easier on the eye - not quite to glaring..

8. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, I agree moving the bird up a bit the frame as per Dorian, but all else looks great. Sharpness, exposure, subtle water surface texture. Only thing is that the extra hair spike in the reflection confuses me as to where it came from?

10. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post