Thread: Sitting Pretty!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sitting Pretty!

Attached Images Attached Images

A tigress takes a break on the path in Tipeshwar.
    1DX II
    500mm
    1/1600
    f/9
    ISO 6400

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hmm, first one to comments, let's see:). I like the posture of the tigress, the intent gaze, like she is looking at something. I wished her head would be turned full profile and I think you should add some space to her left, to look into, if its possible. PP wise I cant say much since I am a newbie, to me the colors of her fur look natural.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- What a lovely image. I liked the pose and the head turn is not an issue at all, in fact it looks quite nice. The grasses are adding nicely to the scene

I find its a bit tight at the foot and there are some blues creeping in the whites of the tiger.

Again I would say IQ is not top notch, missing those finer details.

Nice image, TFS !

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the setting and the pose is rather superior and regal, she obviously has more important things on her mind than photographers! I think the image may have benefitted from slightly less aggressive processing. I quite like the colours.
    If you feel inclined to send the raw file I would be happy to process...... but I can't promise I'll do better - I just have couple of ideas.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, I like the sitting pose head looking to the right, but it's too close to the foot, you need more image content below. Techs, well you could have dropped slightly the SS and gone to f/8, but how much ISO would you gain... Sanjeev, I'm away but just going by the numbers and getting a bit more detail the image does start to take shape, but if it's like the raw you sent me, then I think the IQ is lacking sadly. You are delivering sharp Avian images, so it must be movement in the vehicle.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone. Appreciate your feedback. Jon, I will send the RAW file soon. I guess it could be movement in vehicle and I had dropped the beanbag and rested the lens on my palm atop the Gypsy bar.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image Sanjeev maybe some softness on the head could be where the focal point was. I agree with Steve need more on the bottom.What I really like is the grass coming into the frame.TFS