Thread: Early colony arrivals...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Early colony arrivals...

Attached Images Attached Images

RF 100-500 RF 2xtc @1000 f14 1/500 ISO 3200 HH, Manual EXP, Medium crop for composition

I always arrive at these wetlands in the dark. I was about half way through my first go around, the sun was now coming over dark clouds on the eastern horizon. The huge ball was letting off light filtered by the atmosphere and the wispier clouds above the storm heads. A very soft but intense glow covered everything with only mild directionality. I looked off to distant treetops and the bright flashes of fluffy white could only mean this years nesting colony of wood storks was beginning to arrive. The light combined with a moody rain cloud as BG drew my attention. This small grouping already had a pair trying a "wood stork date" to see if the bonds were strong enough to form as a nesting pair. Two interlopers looked on. Yes, it's a messy scene. So, not birds as art. But I loved the light and the story.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good interaction, and I only saw the fourth sneaky one after initially pouring over the image. If it was not there I would have preferred less room below and more above, but with it there then more above and left would work well IMO. I say this as I find the birds a bit tight up there. A bit thin on the blacks too - an easy tweak! I appreciate your description of the scene :-)

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Good interaction, and I only saw the fourth sneaky one after initially pouring over the image. If it was not there I would have preferred less room below and more above, but with it there then more above and left would work well IMO. I say this as I find the birds a bit tight up there. A bit thin on the blacks too - an easy tweak! I appreciate your description of the scene :-)
    I do have more on top and composition was for the lower bird, as you suspected. He/She's there for comic relief as stare through foliage while I imagine "Get a room, already..." Thanks as always for valued learning.

5. Thanks Daniel Cadieux thanked for this post