Thread: Right Place, Right Time ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Right Place, Right Time ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Brown Pelican tandem diving in front of setting sun

This image was created on 14 November 2020 near the jetty at the south end of South Padre Island. I used the handheld handheld Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS lens and the blazingly fast AF King, the Sony Alpha a9 II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body. ISO 250. Exposure determined by Zebras with Exposure Compensation on the rear dial: Multi-metering at +2 1/3 stops: 1/2000 sec. at f/4 in Shutter Priority mode. Auto set the ISO to 250. AWB at 6:28pm with some light clouds on the horizon.

Center Zone AF-C was active at the moment of exposure and performed perfectly. Click on the image to see a larger version.

To see how Topaz Gigapixel AI transformed an iffy large crop of an a9 ii file into a large stunning file, see the Tandem Brown Pelican Sunset Dive Image: Gigapixel AI to the Stunning Rescue. Do You Have a SONY Callus? blog post here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome and appreciated.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yup, the title is aptly chosen. Wow, just beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Artie.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

3. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

One of your more stunning images Artie. Love it!! (not that your other phots aren't)

5. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just a mind-boggler here Artie. Astounding work.

Not much to critique, just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride on this one...

Blessings and cheers!

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice image design. I like the colors.

TFS

9. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I only have one thought while enjoying this canvas. An amendment to title; "Right Place, Right Time, Right Stuff behind the rig..." TFS

11. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    I only have one thought while enjoying this canvas. An amendment to title; "Right Place, Right Time, Right Stuff behind the rig..." TFS
    Thanks, David. And the right rig as well. I am proud of myself that I have -- at age 74 -- just begun handholding a 600mm lens for flight :) So that too :)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just stunning. Only minor quibble, I would prefer if there was just a little separation where the wings touch.

14. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I actually like the wings touching as it looks like they are holding hands while plunging for dinner. An amazing frame Artie, highly enjoyable to view!

16. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I saw this on the blog and loved ir right away. Nothing wrong with grap[hic portraits or great flight images, but I love seeing something more original. Beautiful light, and I love the way they almost appear to be holding 'hands' as they dive

Mike

18. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Thanks, David. And the right rig as well. I am proud of myself that I have -- at age 74 -- just begun handholding a 600mm lens for flight :) So that too :)

with love, artie
    Thanks, Artie, You give me hope at 10 years younger and with totally shot shoulders as I may save pennies to get my first big gun (HH or otherwise) next year. As always, you continue to inspire...
    Peace,
    David

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

haha, get out of town, pretty cool shot Arthur, this is an amazing landscape/wildlife shot.... well done fella!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Thanks, Artie, You give me hope at 10 years younger and with totally shot shoulders as I may save pennies to get my first big gun (HH or otherwise) next year. As always, you continue to inspire...
    Peace,
    David
    :). Go for it! You only live once. Please e-mail me for purchasing advice (and to save some money) when you are good to go. For some reason I thought that you were a kid. And I was right!

with love, artie

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    :). Go for it! You only live once. Please e-mail me for purchasing advice (and to save some money) when you are good to go. For some reason I thought that you were a kid. And I was right!

with love, artie
    My wife and I raised 5 kids, but over the years when someone asked her how many kids she had, the answer was always 6. Now into my second retirement year, she tells me it's getting worse.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The old man still has it! This is really outstanding, Artie. One of the most striking images I've seen in a while. The color is beautiful and two birds put it over the top. The jagged trailing wings edges are so cool. Love the wide crop. Would look so good as a metal print. Bravo!

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yup, I echo all the previous positive comments. Nothing more I can add. Lovely image, Artie. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love it. A great silhouette image. The color is the sky is very nice.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

very unique shot Atire, this will make a very nice large print for a living room, if I want to nit pick I wish the wings had not slightly merged but will take it as is

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful frame, Sir Arthur. I mean it. Love everything about this... well exposed and processed, wonderful vibrant colours and I like the presentation ...
    It just works

QG
    Gabriela Plesea