Thread: White-faced heron posing

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White-faced heron posing

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all. Here's another Heron taken during our few days away. Cheers.

D500/500PF, 1/500th sec, f5.5, iso500, manual mode HH

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Paul:

Like the pose, esp, the head angle and the rear talons showing so well on the perch.

There is some blue fringing along the edge of the feathers, esp. noticeable just behind the legs, and also between them, as well as on the back of the neck. Did you need to do some masking?

I might consider trimming a bit off the top.

You certainly had a productive trip!

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a lovely image. Thanks for posting it; I love seeing different heron and egret species from around the word. Is the perch a log? At first I thought it was a rock.

I did not mention the color fringing on some of the fluffy feathers until sharp-eyed Randy pointed it out.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

s: a traditional 2X3 presentation would likely work well here.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image of a heron I have not seen before. I see the fringing that Randy commenting on, not sure why that happened. I am not sure what you use for post processing but in Lightroom when I see something like that I go through the post processing history watching to see when it occurs, then correct it. Thank you for sharing, Paul.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The up angle works wonderfully here with that perch, pose and sky as BG. Love this canvas overall. TFS

ps
    love the feet and knees for a beautiful heron shown quite well...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much everyone.
    Randy: Yes, I see the fringing. Easily fixed in PS.
    Artie: Yes, I normally do a 2x3 crop, but did 8x10 this time. I also tried a square crop which I quite like too. The perch is a tree branch.
    Joseph: I use ACR and PS.
    David: Appreciate your feedback as always.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a really dreamy frame, Paul. That soft blue across the top is great. I think the elevated perch works quite well and would like to see more of it if you have it. Top of frame is beautiful but the frame feels a bit bottom heavy was is. Detail and eye contact are nice. Color fringing on head as noted. All in all a very pretty frame.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Dorian. I don't think I have more of the perch...will check later. I appreciate very much your feedback/comments. Cheers.