Thread: Leaps and Bounds

Threaded View

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Leaps and Bounds

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Friends,

This image was taken in September in the Kruger Park, very close to the Biyamiti weir. A beautiful area that offers some of the best drives and sightings in the Park, the weir itself a great source of water and home to a variety of amazing birds.

So it was almost lunch time... Carl and I were enjoying a coffee break and watching a herd of impala coming to drink when we suddenly noticed a lioness stalking and then leap out of tall grass. Had my D4/300mm combo right next to me so I dropped my flask and picked up the camera, barely managing a couple of frames (without support) as she shot past at great speed.

Mmmm...1/2500s not too bad, thinking more SS might have been good but had no chance to check camera settings. Is it sharp enough? Let me know. In terms of PP work I did my usual simple flow, LR adjustments and then PSCC, also removed a fairly large piece of elephant dung close to the lioness and a rock in the water.

Miraculously the impala escaped the jaws of the lioness. And I got an image or two from the sighting

Nikon D4
    Nikon 300F2.8
    ISO 1250
    +1/3 EV
    F7.1
    1/2500s

Thank you so much for all your kind comments and suggestions on my previous images, I truly appreciate it. Have a great rest of the week!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea