Thread: Nightly roost, Ibis with Cedar efflorescence...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Nightly roost, Ibis with Cedar efflorescence...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/125 ISO 1600 HH, Manual EXP

Created at sunset with cloudy horizon on shady side of this old cedar. One of the first to arrive, began to preen before settling in for the night.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with a good exposure and the nice blue eye and a perfect head angle. But with the bird pretty much centered ,and the busy, busy background, this one does nothing for me ...

with love, artie

ps: is this a dirty bird or are those remnants of juvenile feathers ?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Sharp with a good exposure and the nice blue eye and a perfect head angle. But with the bird pretty much centered ,and the busy, busy background, this one does nothing for me ...

with love, artie

ps: is this a dirty bird or are those remnants of juvenile feathers ?
    Hi Artie,
    I'm not sure of the age but this beauty must have been past head deep in some muddy water. The creases in the beak, the folds in the top of the beak/lores/chin and even the ear feathers had what looked like dried mud. But still, that eye and the hanging flower/seed structures, so composed for bird and efflorescence. The sight of this dirty white bird and the shaded hanging flower/seed structures drew me in. Tried first more to the left to get bird between the hanging structures but didn't get a good head angle. So, moved back right and went for this. Realize this might not be everyone's cup of tea and I know you hate dirty birds. Thanks, as always for your very valued inputs, professor.
    Peace,
    David

5. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely feather detail, and I love the close look at the beak and eye. My only issue is the background as the foliage competes for out attention; it need be more blurred or absent for best results.

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the blue eye, it draws me in, but as above I agree hte BG competes with the subject.

9. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post