Thread: Commom Yellowthroat.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Commom Yellowthroat.

Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't posted anything for a while. Taken back in mid September. After viewing a few times, its kind of grown on me. I know, the bird is on the wrong side of the branch.
    The wild rose stem does have nice character and with the birds mundane plumage, you're not missing much. Only a minor crop and no artificial blurring of the background.
    Processed solely with Topaz Labs DeNoiseAI. I'm going to admit I can't remember the last time I've bothered to select and treat the bird separately. I'm old enough where my
    time is worth more to me than what little benefit you get from an image if the bird is in focus. Admittedly in this case, the bird is not quite as sharp as the branch, but I don't
    think I'd have done much better treating them separately. Hopefully Topaz Labs doesn't monitor this forum because I'd pay 3 times as much for what they charge. Straight
    size reduction, no sharpening for posting.

Nikon D500, 500mmF4VRII, TC-14EIII

f5.6, 1/1000s, iso1600

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool image. Love the perch and the lost in the foliage look, which is what Yellowthroats do...
    I might sharpen the face a tad more.
    Dan Kearl

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice.
    I love the perch and the thorns look so sharp.
    The BG is very pleasing.
    I do wish for his head to be tilted more towards us but still a fine frame,
    Gail

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love this canvas. The way the FG vegetation frames this beauty, the perch and the environmental BG all spot on IMHO. Sharp enough for me as well. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jack, a very intimate capture here. There is a lot of interest despite the very minor nits you mentioned in your briefing.

My thoughts with regard to your comments on DNAI are a) I think you do loose some fine detail and texture in the bird, depending on your settings versus masking the bird separately and b) DNAI darkens the blacks tremendously and I usually brush them (look at the thorns and upper part of the feathers)

Otherwise, I may have cloned the two leaves sticking up above the subject's head as well as the one coming close to the beak but can appreciate your place in life and time restraints. That in mind, you did well considering running solely through Topaz.

Good to see you posting!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oooh, I love this! Apart from the two brighter green spots touching the top of the head (and the whitish one in extreme upper right corner) I love pretty much everything here. Yes to another "tiny" dose of sharpening to the face. I feel like I am right there in the vegetation with the yellowthroat. Well done.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jack, nice image of a Yellowthroat. With this pose the bird would have to be on the other side of the branch, so that's fine with me. Lovely colors and feather detail on the bird. On my display the greens appear a tad intense. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jack, if you open up the exposure by say just under a third of a stop, reduce Contrast, Blacks & Blues, then add some sharpening, you get to see the real capture that was hidden.

Lovely species.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.