Thread: Dotty, Striking a Pose !

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dotty, Striking a Pose !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for your comments and suggestions to my previous posting, as always much appreciated.

I have some tiger images from my previous trips , which I am yet to post on BPN . So I thought , what better time to post than now, with newly acquired PP skills and no trips to make for creating new images , it is better to post from archives.

This female is from Bandhavgarh and is referred as Dotty, because of a distinctive "D" mark on her forehead. She also has a sister named Spotty because of a "S" mark on her forehead. Dotty has a huge territory to herself and has recently raised a litter of three male cubs to adulthood. During this period(when this image was created), she was on her way to chalk out her territory and find a mate. This particular image was made in her sisters territory at that time, but luckily they never came to loggerheads at that point of time while they were both looking for new bastions and mates.

Over the years, I have really been fortunate to sight Dotty and photograph her, though on my last trip she was just sighted once but her cubs made up for that.

Keeping in mind the recent events at Bandhavgarh, where a female tigress named Solo, died of poisoning along with one of her cubs from a litter of four, I sincerely hope Dotty is doing fine and that she once again manages to raise a new litter because with Bandhavgarh there is always a bad news in store as there are numerous villages and villagers that come in conflict with these tigers of Bandhavgarh and ultimately the looser is the Big and Beautiful striped Cat.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, levels, selective colour, hue/sat/vib, sharpened the subject selectively, cropped slightly from top and Lhs.

Canon 5D Mk III, Canon 500m f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/2000, f /5.6, iso 4000.

Your comments and suggestions of any nature are most welcome.

Haseeb.