Thread: Lens Hood on the Ground!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lens Hood on the Ground!

Attached Images Attached Images

Royal Tern preening in butter light with bathing Black Skimmer in background

This image was also created at Fort DeSoto Park in Pinellas County, FL on the morning of 19 OCT 2020. Again, I used the handheld Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS lens (this one at 600mm) and the blazingly fast AF King, the Sony Alpha a9 II Mirrorless Digital camera body. Exposure was determined via Zebra evaluation with ISO on the rear dial as detailed in The Sony Camera User’s e-Guide and One Camera Set-up Video. ISO 1600: 1/2000 sec. at f/6.3 in Manual mode. The raw file brightness was confirmed as dead-solid perfect by RawDigger. ABW at 7:49 am on a clear morning with just a hint of moisture in the air.
    Center Zone Continuous AF was active at the moment of exposure and worked well. Click on the image to see a larger version.

Learn about the creation of this image in the Canon EOS R5 Bodies Available from Bedfords! Seated Knee-pod versus Lens Hood on the beach (using the articulating rear monitor): Perspectives and Tips. And More Topaz DeNoise AI Auto Tips blog post here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome and appreciated.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent. Angle is great, pose, sharp, like the mimic OOF in the nice BG.
    Dan Kearl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely image Artie, solid techs and sweet light. The low angle is awesome. I like the OOF bird in the BG.

4. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, super composition. I like the silhouette in the bkg as well.

As low as it gets here, nice! Lighting is super and exp looks great.

Curious what you did to process (if anything different) the head? It looks a tad overworked from my view - esp around the eye and beak area.

Also curious, just a feather hanging down from the tail?

6. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post