Thread: Cover your mouth before Coughing !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cover your mouth before Coughing !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always, much appreciated.

Taking cue from Steve's Langur postings, here is an image of a youngster of Indian Grey Langur. Very photogenic subjects, full of mischief and their eyes and facial expressions makes them one of the most entertaining subjects in the Indian forest.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, levels, curves, selective colour, stretched the canvas slightly on the RHS, cropped from top and LHS.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/200, f/11, iso 4000.

Looking forward for your comments and suggestions of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great title. Solid portrait. Nice framing with a nice pose. Nice and eye level with a nice pose as well.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice title Haseeb very apt given the current situation nice vertical framing and details. The clean BG really helps the subject here. Light wasn't on your side I guess but you managed well. Just curious about the techs esp SS of 1/200 ?

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very on point with the title Haseeb.

I Like the framing and the low POV work, offering a good perspective. f/11 works, I just wonder if f/9 could have also worked, offering a little more SS, did you lift any part of the image? The tentative look is nice and obviously conveys human aspects we can all relate to.

Hard to tell on the laptop Haseeb, but I'm wondering about lowering the brighter HL's to bring some more detail back, ditto the darks in the face. Personal choice, but bringing in some life back into the eyes I feel always helps, they just appear a bit flat? Again personal choice, but I might blow in some colour to loose the grey/magenta areas in the BKG so you have continuity, should the tail go, 50/50.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super shot, I would suggest very similarly to Steve, I think you are encountering the issues that I did, certainly worth having a another go from raw, I have looked at the jpeg and adjusted the dark and lights - it helps significantly, if you go back to raw I would also suggest lower the sharpening a little - it will help the highlights.

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cute subject, Haseeb - I just love the hairdo and fringe. Pose is great, I like the pensive stare and the fact that he appears to be unaware of your presence. Super POV, framing spot on. Great BG. I think it's pretty sharp, despite low ISO.

Don't have much to add to what has been said, except that I agree with Steve and Jon above, subject needs a bit of 'oomph', especially eyes. And sharpening needs be more selective in order to avoid certain drawbacks, in this case HL.

Overall it's such a cool image, I enjoyed viewing. Thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments, really enjoying them, feels like good old days.

Well, looking critically, I too feel it needs some oomph.

I felt pretty satisfied with the outcome while processing it. But considering the above comments, will look into it for more oomph.

Thank you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a RP, WDYT ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments, really enjoying them, feels like good old days.
    Hi Haseeb, I personally feel very humbled by this, as its something both Gabriela & myself have wanted and have endeavoured to deliver, so thank you, but we can't do it alone, we need all of you to participate.

And, on that note... albeit in a thread, we are very happy to announce that Jon A has agreed to join us as a Mod here in Wildlife, so thank you Jon, a great asset to the team.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

15. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a great news. Always loved Jon's contribution and his suggestions. Such an asset he will turn out to be.

Great job guys.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such an asset he will turn out to be.
    That's what Gabriela & I thought, but don't tell him.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE=Steve Kaluski;1246573]Hi Haseeb, I personally feel very humbled by this, as its something both Gabriela & myself have wanted and have endeavoured to deliver, so thank you, but we can't do it alone, we need all of you to participate.

Indeed Steve, I completely agree
    ...and I am ecstatic to learn that Jon accepted to join us as Mod
    Gabriela Plesea

19. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post