Thread: Backyard Birding(2)...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Backyard Birding(2)...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/400 ISO 3200 HH, Manual EXP

Same subject that was amenable to coming down from the oak canopy took it further and flew down to Florida coffee just under the previous perch and began search for the small insects it loves. Found a small portal between the leaves and imaged a few frames of this beauty at work. I think Cape May but not at all sure. This zoom/TC combo blows me away. Could be because my previous glass was very old.

I'm very grateful for all valued previous help. Please keep it coming...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice look at this bird David, glad you got the opening between leaves. Its a bit busy with all the OOF leaves criss crossing across the frame. I am glad you are liking that combo and am curious to know how well the eye AF works with the R5?

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, colour looks off in this, plus is it a large crop as IQ is not as good as the previous posting. The red berry needs to go, it's competing with the subject.

Sanjeev this is the older R, not the R5, with the light you have perhaps the R6 is more suited and less expensive.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The color of the image and the bird looks fine to me.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.