Thread: The Stare Down Horned- Grebes

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Stare Down Horned- Grebes

Attached Images Attached Images

One more in a series of my Horned Grebes.This was the best morning I had all summer so many different colors. Light was spectacular because of the fog. Even though I missed many shots because of the fog. Some species of Grebes are very inquisitive.Nd slough in June.
    Processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop Dehaze ,clarity ACR. Comments and critiques appreciated.
    Canon 1DX 111
    500f/4 L IS
    700 mm
    AV 6.3
    ISO 2000

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love this! Pretty much perfect in my books. Great placement of the two individuals, super nice colours. Perhaps a touch deeper on the blacks would work well, but my-oh-my such a pretty scene.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Sore big time Kevin, this pano is very very nice. Love the nearly head on, the bow wakes, oof grebe, and the colors are super special. Nice processing here, love the drops on the grebes, way to go, WIWM new acronym can you guess, anyone?

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Ann took me a few seconds on the acronym ,love it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another truly superb frame. You are blessed to be in the water with these birds. Do you ever try audio??? The displaying male is spectacular. In a perfect world, the hem might have paddled just a bit faster :)

IAC, I am quit envious.

Please fill me in on the new FLA. Never mind. I wish it were mine too. Which brings up the question, what is an FLA?

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.