Thread: About To Pounce !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default About To Pounce !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comment and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Continuing with another leopard scape, this time it is a day time scene. We sighted this leopard from quite a distance, well spotted by our guide while it was asleep. After sometime, the Leopard must have noted some activity from an Ostrich and got quickly in his stealth mode. It was all ready to pounce but the Ostrich spotted the cat and ran away. It was a bit of anti climax but none the less some exciting animal behaviour to witness.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, Levels, curves , cloned out some oof vegetation , selective colour, selectively sharpened the Leopard.

Canon 1DX MK II, Can0n 200-400 f4 @ 300m, Bean Bag.

ss 1/2500, f/5.6, iso 320.

Looking forward for your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice setting. Neat to see the leopard tucked into the tree like that. You handled the light and the detail well. A tight shot of just the leopard and the tree would be nice as well.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, good call in shooting wide in both senses of the word. Nicely framed and I like the inclusion of the thin branches top right. Have you applied any NR as the grass looks overly smooth, plus there appears to be an artefact of a brush mark on the LHS of the tree, masking? The vignetting of the Blue for me is a little too much, as you didn't have a drop in, for me it just looks a bit pushed, evident on the tree, but just my take. Again there is more in the tree to extract, here you could have tried changing the metering mode.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Full credit for this very nice leopard scape here Haseeb, the poised to pounce pose tells the story nicely.

Agree with Steve about the pushed blue in the sky, as I'm seeing artifacts and noise here, best to have a smoother graduation of colour here than the vignette.I'm guessing you may have used negative clarity on the vegetation?

Regardless these are all easily fixed, really enjoying your creativity of late, keep it up mate.

TFS
    Last edited by Marc Mol; 10-08-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you John, Steve and Marc. I really appreciate your feedback and eagle eyes.

That brush mark is a bit clumsy, need to get rid of it.

Blue vignette is a bit too much but I pushed things a bit to get some colours, which I like in scapes .

Importantly this image was made under some harsh lighting conditions , hence there is some distortion in bkg , no NR applied.

But nonetheless it needs some fixing as suggested.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a RP. WDYT ?

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

Love the leopard small in the tree And enjoyed the story behind the image. Framing looks good I find the tree itself to be quite striking, wonderful sighting!

The blue vignette a bit strong in the OP and I personally find it unnecessary altogether, your landscape is lovely as is. Yes to a bit more detail in the tree, maybe lift some shadows and blacks?

Overall a beautiful scene, such a privilege to see this and photograph! I would appreciate seeing more from this trip, if possible

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

8. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb, though I am late on this one, I am happy to chip in. The idea is nice, the framing very good and those branches add so much here. I like the small in frame subject about to pounce. Nicely done.

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela and Doc, much appreciated.