Thread: Perambulating plover...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Perambulating plover...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/1300 ISO 800 HH, Manual EXP, cropped for composition and to alleviate mud bank on bottom and mangroves on top

Another, and one of my fave shorebirds, from previous weekend playing in the mud.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like the colors, pose, and framing. Looking forward to receiving my 1.4x to see if I can come anywhere close to this level of sharp detail handheld. Nice

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor View Post
    Really like the colors, pose, and framing. Looking forward to receiving my 1.4x to see if I can come anywhere close to this level of sharp detail handheld. Nice
    Hi Jerry,
    As always, thanks for the very valued inputs. I think you are going to be quite satisfied given my experience (with non IBIS R) and the experience of those on the internet who have the R5 and RF 100-500. Most reputable review sites now give you raw images to pixel peak to your heart's content. The included raw images from those reviews are your best indicator. With the R, the lens IS is 5 stops. With R5, I believe that goes to 6 stops with IBIS and IS coordinating as they can on the RF mount. That means your shake (in HH case with lighter zoom) will be handled better than with current Canon DSLR rigs. So, you mostly need to be sure SS is adequate for requisite subject movement speed and aperture is set for your desired DOF. Your faster EF combo (5.6 with your current combo (EF F4 600mm and 1.4) makes SS much more manageable at lower ISO. Not to mention IQ advantage (more light gathered) of faster glass. Perhaps not as easily HH unless you been eating your wheaties. Sorry for belaboring the obvious, just wanted to reply to your musings on sharp images while HH.
    Peace,
    David

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting molting plumage, and I like the placement in the lower corner. Nice blues. Personally I would prefer a better leg position as they are rather merged together.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice angle, pose is not the best and a lot of space on top...
    Excellent subject.
    Dan Kearl

8. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Have to agree with Dan on the crop- too much on top and left for my taste.
    Good POV.
    Is the plumage really brown on this moulting individual? I have never see any brown on our BBPL,
    Gail

10. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gail bisson View Post
    Have to agree with Dan on the crop- too much on top and left for my taste.
    Good POV.
    Is the plumage really brown on this moulting individual? I have never see any brown on our BBPL,
    Gail
    Hi Gail, Yes , there are always various splotchy black patterns in Florida when moulting to winter plumage and always quite a variation per individuals. The nonblack always looks brown/ rust to my partially color blind eyes and most almost always retain large black patch at the bottom .
    Thanks as always to everyone for valued inputs.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like this one David. I like the pose, HA and BG. Perhaps a tad more sharpening on the head? I agree with the crop suggestions given.

13. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post