Thread: theme: bluebird

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default theme: bluebird

Attached Images Attached Images

I was delighted and fortunate to have a nesting bluebird pair in my yard this summer for the first time. They were very skittish and I only grabbed this shot so i wouldn't stress or spook them. Cleaned up some white wash on this ho-hum branch and removed a small intersecting twig. No boost to colors, they are this vibrant. Contrasted with the greens in the BG, the blue certainly pops.

D5
    600mm

ISO 2500
    f 5.0
    1/500

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ann.

Excellent capture of this beauty. Great look back pose, with beautiful soft light. Outstanding fine detail, and interesting background.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ann,
    Another top shot from you. Ditto Geoffrey's comments, although I must admit that I do find the light BG section to the left of the bird a little distracting...a small nitpic though. TFS

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A super shot Ann, I like the background pattern and half frame effect. Details in the bird are excellent.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose, details and colors. The bird is perfectly detailed and the BG is almost the second subject for me. Super cool canvas. TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The look back pose is very nice. Also like the perch. Detail looks very good.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely light and colors. Great pose. Feels a bit centered in the frame. Don't know if you have room to the left, to recompose with the bird a little further to the right. But works nicely just as posted.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ann, such a beauty of a subject. Does the orange wrap around the back of the neck (i.e. Western)?

It looks like you were shooting in shadows here, but you did a nice job with it. Thank goodness for the D5 (wish I had one at times). I wonder if you couldn't add a touch more exposure without compromising as it feels a touch dark for me.

In a perfect world, would have some foliage on the branch but with a boldly colored bird and dreamy bkg you captured a nice frame!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Soft colors in this frame carry it. Exposure and detail look very nice, and I can live with slightly-elevated shooting angle and branch given that this doesn't look like a set-up (i.e a natural frame).

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Ann, such a beauty of a subject. Does the orange wrap around the back of the neck (i.e. Western)?

It looks like you were shooting in shadows here, but you did a nice job with it. Thank goodness for the D5 (wish I had one at times). I wonder if you couldn't add a touch more exposure without compromising as it feels a touch dark for me.

In a perfect world, would have some foliage on the branch but with a boldly colored bird and dreamy bkg you captured a nice frame!
    Hi Brian, no the orange/rust is front and side only.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by annmpacheco View Post
    Hi Brian, no the orange/rust is front and side only.
    Ah ok, then appears to be Eastern.

PS - at another glance I feel like exposure is great. Not sure what I saw the first time, great job!