Thread: Low tide, early light, mud crawling time...

Hybrid View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Low tide, early light, mud crawling time...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/800 ISO 800 HH, Manual EXP, cropped for better composition

Sun has just risen in a clear eastern sky, low tide, laying in the mud of a tidal lagoon. An early visitor comes within 5 meters as foraging continues. BG is the water left at low tide and the mangroves on the other side.

Thanks, as always for all your valued comments and suggestions. Please, keep them coming.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot David wish the foreground was cleaner,but it is what it is nothing one can do . Would have been nice in that beautiful water. Love the background colors. f10 worked well here the eye really pops,nice TFS

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice, David. I don't mind the stuff in the foreground at all because it disguises what would otherwise be ugly brown mud. I t also adds some nice color to balance the green at thee top of the frame. The exposure on the bird looks great, and the view of the blue eye is excellent. I might loosen the crop a bit, particularly at at left. You could also clone the one dark spring to the to the right of the beak. But otherwise pretty sweet.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ooh, this is very nice, David. Very appealing colours, and of course the low angle provides an intimate view of the feeding Ibis. I only wish the one clump of vegetation was not covering the foot, but alas this does not affect the image all that much. Very nicely done.

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The colors on this one are very nice. Framing and pose are right on. Lovely light as well.

9. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

David, fantastic! Nicely done my friend.

Detail on the subject and whites look awesome. Beautiful color gradient in the bkg is a great addition to the mostly white bird. Blue eye and that section of blue bkg compliment well.

For me, the oof vegetation takes away a little more than I'd hope. Perhaps evicting 2-3 but leaving the rest, strategically of course, could make a nice impact. Appreciate Dorian's remarks, however I am personally hardly concerned with the mud in a frame like this because the bird and bkg pull my eyes away so well. Additionally, there is enough oof vegetation in the fg to do the work of bouncing focus to more important things. Just my $.02 of course.

11. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Outstanding..the eye is terrific, the IQ excellent and great angle.
    Dan Kearl

13. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice David, a lovely rich palette, good detail & clarity. Personally I would loose a third of the FG and evict the two bits of vegetation bookending the subject. The foliage over the foot is a bit of a bummer, but... the POV works and well worth getting dirty, albeit not as bad as lying in Bear poo & fish guts.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

15. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post