Thread: OK,OK, I'll wait my turn...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default OK,OK, I'll wait my turn...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/1000 ISO 800 HH, Manual EXP
    Last edited by David Roach; 09-13-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty darned excellent. Focal length 700mm??? EXP and details look excellent to me. Head position superb. And sharp. Where? When? ?

I'd eliminate the dark triangular thingie behind the adult.

thanks with love, a
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 09-13-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well this one looks spot on. Nice interaction. The framing is nice with room all around.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Pretty darned excellent. Focal length 700mm??? EXP and details look excellent to me. Head position superb. And sharp. Where? When? ?

I'd eliminate the dark triangular thingie behind the adult.

thanks with love, a
    Hi Artie, It's the RF glass, Simply amazing. The RF 100-500 is lighter and has an even shorter MFD than the excellent EF 100-400 II(I was previously working with version I). In addition both TCs work with absolutely no degradation from the glass alone. The AF speed and IQ identical to the zoom without TC. I've gone from one extreme, with my very old glass to the other. This zoom with TCs seems like a prime. One and only drawback due to closer flange distance is the TC projects into the zoom only allowing use from 300-500. The resolving power of all the RF glass I own (35mm f1.8, 24-105 f4, 70-200 f2.8 and now the 100-500 f4.5-7.1)is also superb. Now, imagine with one of the new bodies...
    For people getting R5 be sure you update to FW 1.1.1 or there will be problems with this glass on the R5
    Peace,
    David

ps
    Wakodahatchee last week.
    Last edited by David Roach; 09-13-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks David! Anything else at Waco aside from the cormorants?

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

8. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Thanks David! Anything else at Waco aside from the cormorants?

with love, a
    It is relatively quiet, for Wako, as the slight lull between end of summer and migration beginning again about now. There is always something to find, though. A very small number of late Anhinga and Cormorant nests and the usual suspects (egrets and herons of all types, Purple gallinule , moorhen, sora etc...). Will be hopping again in a month. Green Cay (younger sister of Wako) also just reopened.