Thread: Same limping Friend, Just a little closer....

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Same limping Friend, Just a little closer....

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/640 ISO 3200 HH, Manual EXP

A new toy, a setting sun on a clouded horizon just behind this beauty, spotted my same limping friend again just off the bike way but on the other side. There was a gentle all grass drainage trench between the green way and the Ikea parking lot. Since this beauty was on the other side of the trench, just sat down on my side to get even. This youngster was so unafraid, came right at me down and then back up to my side while foraging. Close to MFD but not quite, I tried wide open at the zoom limit.
    The MFD on this lens is a wonderful 900mm. A shorter MFD than the EF 100-400 II. I think this glass is a keeper...

Thanks as always for very valued inputs. Always learned from. Please keep them coming.
    Last edited by David Roach; 09-01-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Holy cow David, details for days..... check out the palm/pine trees in the eye!?

Compositionally wish we had the rest of the beak but what a cool test shot. It's getting itchy now...

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Holy cow David, details for days..... check out the palm/pine trees in the eye!?

Compositionally wish we had the rest of the beak but what a cool test shot. It's getting itchy now...
    Hey Brian, This guy was so close it was a good opportunity to work with the short MFD at 500. It is only cropped from horizontal on both sides to get the meandering S shape I liked. These bodies work great with slower glass. The R can AF fast/fine to f11 glass. The R5/6 can AF anywhere in FF down to f16 glass. They only use the center for f22 glass. Yes, with slower glass you will need to work at higher ISO but these sensors handle pretty well. Your 600 with 1.4 at 5.6, a snap...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The IQ and details rock!
    I like the way you cropped it.
    I would clone out or desaturate the orange OOF branch at the bottom.I find it pulls the eye away.
    Avery fine frame. Looks like you will have fun with the new lens!

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Impressive David, details galore and all day. Good suggestions above. congrats on your new lens

8. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well it's different for sure. I like the crop. The shape of the neck is very neat.

10. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post