Thread: Afternoon Delight

Gus Cobos

Default Afternoon Delight

Attached Images Attached Images

This black lady was having a little afternoon delight at Butterfly World in Pompano Florida. She was painted with a Nikon D200, Nikkor 18-200mm VR, @ 200mm, settings @ 1/125 sec - f/5.6 with ISO 800. Your comments most welcomed. :D

Alfred Forns

Hi Gus !!!!!! Big Red Carpet Welcome !!!!!

I like what you are trying here to incorporate the butterfly in within the landscape On the bug itself would go lighter and might have used a different angle to keep it from merging into the flower

I like the bg but wish the large white areas were not there They catch my attention On the foreground might be better having the one green stalk one The curve one also grabs attention

You did well shooting at 800 noise wise My biggest suggestion for these little guys is sunny with a diffuser Killer images !!!!

Gus Cobos

Thank you Al, your comment is greatly appreciated and commands respect. I will keep this in mind for the next time.. Question.... What do you mean by going lighter on the butterfly? Help.....

Alfred Forns

Gus the butterfly seem a little dark Would check the RAW file to check the histogram Seems from looking at the image there was not much data to the right (fifth box) other than the white highlights In this case since they are blown I would not consider for my image and would add more light !!!