Thread: Got This One with my i-Phone!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Got This One with my i-Phone!

Attached Images Attached Images

Great Egret, juvenile calling

This image was created on 4 AUG 2020 down by the lake near my home at Indian Lake Estates. Working from my new SUV, I used the Induro GIT 204/Levered-Clamp FlexShooter Pro-mounted Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS lens, the Sony FE 2.0x Teleconverter, and the 61-MP Monster, the Sony Alpha a7R IV Mirrorless Digital camera body. ISO: 400. Exposure determined by Zebras with exposure compensation on the rear wheel: 1/640 sec. at f/8 in Manual mode. The exposure was confirmed as perfect in RawDigger. AWB at 7:41am on a mostly sunny morning.

Tracking Flexible Spot (M) AF-C performed spectacularly well as it tracked the bird’s eye as it leaned forward to call (all while I was constantly re-framing).

Learn more about the creation of this image in the Cell Phone Bird Photography Trick/Tip: $5.00 via e-mail http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2020/...00-via-e-mail/blog post here.

As for the image, don't be shy. All comments are welcome and appreciated. As for the cell phone, you can try to figure out the riddle ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the curve of back and neck moving through the frame along with the open bill and hint of clouds in BG. Great perch as base for the frame. No idea on the riddle. Can't wait for the answer. TFS

ps
    You may have a dust spot under the bill, half way down the neck. Not sure...
    Last edited by David Roach; 08-06-2020 at 04:45 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie:

Shows off that long neck, nicely exposed, just enough at the bottom for the feet and to anchor the bird.

I was really hoping that you had used a phone for this, I was already to order that model! Maybe next year.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Love the curve of back and neck moving through the frame along with the open bill and hint of clouds in BG. Great perch as base for the frame. No idea on the riddle. Can't wait for the answer. TFS

ps
    You may have a dust spot under the bill, half way down the neck. Not sure...

Thanks, David. That was one big dust post! Working wide open I did not bother to check :( Bad habit!

with love, artie

ps: dust spot cleaned in the repost. Tip: Use the spot Healing Brush (J).
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, cool frame. Gives the feel that the bird is way up in the air on a perch high up. Composition suits my eyes well.

Still working on the cell phone riddle....

PS - how's the new ride working for ya?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful frame Artie. The whites an blues look great. Greens give an nice base to the image. You have to love the ope beak. Using an I phone for a trigger and maybe even dialing in settings?
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Artie, cool frame. Gives the feel that the bird is way up in the air on a perch high up. Composition suits my eyes well.

Still working on the cell phone riddle....

PS - how's the new ride working for ya?
    Thanks, Wesley. Still tryiinig not to wreck the car as I bearly know how to drive it ...

Keep thinking on the cell phone riddle ...

with love, artie

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The calling pose is nice. I really like that streched out neck. Nice and sharp with good detail.