Thread: Staying close...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Staying close...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f8 1/200 ISO 2000 HH, manual EXP, medium crop from portrait

Been stalking this Common Gallinule family on my daily bike rides. The family includes both parents, two chicks and an immature (fledged but hanging with parents still). Very good parents run and call the chicks soon as I get off bike. I have seen one of their favorite lake shore spots. So, on this evening, I saw them further down the lake side and laid in the grass waiting near their fave spot to see if they would come close. They were feeding the chicks the whole way but never close enough at 200mm. The parents spotted me as they got in range, stopped feeding and herded them just along the vegetation at waters edge to their regular spot. I was able to grab this busy but cute image and will be back to try again. Love playing with this RF zoom till the pre-ordered RF 100-500 and 1.4tc arrives.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Far too cute, David. Love the chick looking right at you, and mom is keeping a low profile. Under the conditions you were working with, this is an excellent behavioral capture. Very nice sharp detail also.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post