Thread: The 'Thinker'

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The 'Thinker'

Attached Images Attached Images

There is something about this subject that you cannot, but not photograph it when any opportunity arrises, as they are such great photogenic subjects.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Gray langur (Semnopithecus)
    Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
    Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT HH
    Exposure: 1/640s at f/11 ISO2500
    Original format: Landscape, very slight crop from the top
    Processed via: LRCC 9.3 & PSCC2020
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I absolutely agree Steve , my colleagues try not to show me or wish i dont see one of this specie when out there searching for Tigers. I love to photograph them. I was wondering when I last posted an image of this specie , will definitely take a cue from your above posting.

Well , coming to the image, I really liked the finer details there, absolutely doing justice to the subject. Well exposed and loved the expression. Nice call on techs, especially the DOF. Offcourse the BKG is making it standout.

A very nice image , TFS !

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Top notch processing as usual, the fine detail is very well rendered and the colours are just to die for. My only suggestion would be to add a faint vignette, but I am sure you would have considered and thought contrary.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

My only suggestion would be to add a faint vignette, but I am sure you would have considered and thought contrary.
    No, why?
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

My only suggestion would be to add a faint vignette, but I am sure you would have considered and thought contrary.
    Jon, there is a faint one in place, subtle yes, but... why would I think contrary?

The issue is, if you go darker the BKG looks crap IMHO, but for an illustration exercise...

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I suspected you may have put a very faint vignette in place, and if so it was almost imperceptible which is usually the desired effect, I downloaded the image and painted a faint very peripheral one and I like the effect simple as that. - Just a question of how much, I agree the bright background works I just felt the perimeter could go a fraction darker.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like the pose of the langur, he looks like a little wise man deep in thoughts. The BG makes him stand out so nicely and compliments its colour.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the title. Sure does look lost in thought. A very nice portrait. Solid background and detail.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love everything about this one, the stare, the BKGR, the white fuzzy fur on the chin, and especially the title.

Though I think I know where you are going with this:

There is something about this subject that you cannot, but not photograph it when any opportunity arrises, as they are such great photogenic subjects.

I do not think that it quite qualifies as proper English (unless I am missing something ....)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I do not think that it quite qualifies as proper English (unless I am missing something ....)
    On reflection Artie, yes it's not quite the 'Queens' English, how about this...

'You just can’t resist photographing a subject like this, whenever you get the opportunity. It such a photogenic creature???'