Thread: Three Peregrine Siblings together

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Three Peregrine Siblings together

Attached Images Attached Images

Have not posted for a long time, but view all the posts daily. Here is one from this year. Thanks for looking. Nikon D5 600mm, F4.0, ISO2500 @ 1/1000sec

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Glenn,
    great to see you here, and with such a special delivery. What a gorgeous image, you have a true winner here. The IQ, subjects, and balanced composition is so beautiful. Tell Dave you too are a ROCKSTAR!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a fine shot Glenn. So warm and the matching poses, all in focus is awesome.

Was there a reflection from in front or left like some blue clouds or spruces? Touch of cyan coming through in the light chest feathers and beaks. Just curious mostly, hardly discernible.

Only nits from me are some cloning marks between left most bird and left edge, presumably silhouette from that bird. Also, if you had anymore room on the right it would be great, however the overall composition is sweet.

Thank you for posting! I envy to shoot falcons...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave showed my his frame and my reaction was this is stupid good! you got the same thing! not one, not two but three all looking the same way with a good HA. tack sharp with excellent details too. I also see the faint clone/mask artifacts should be an easy fix. just a touch too yellow and contrasty so I did a 5 second color balance. because I was working on compressed JPEG I got posterization in the BG, should start from RAW again...

awesome frame, too bad these guys were done when I got there

Name:  untitled-21-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  548.2 KB
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

So still chasing the world greatest bird Glenn and you've done them perfect justice.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fabulous shot. What a treat to get them all looking the same way, in the same plane. Beautiful details, exposure. Arash's RP may be more accurate but for my personal taste I like the warmer OP. Glad to see you posting again; lets see some more.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

So nice to see you posting Glenn!
    What a frame. Not one, not two but three tack sharp birds in the same frame.
    Great HA's.
    I agree that it is an easy fix to get rid of cloning marks. Do you have a sliver more room on the left? It feels a bit tight there.
    Would love to have this frame.
    Can't believe you got all birds sharp at F 4.
    Is this a branch that someone placed near the cliff/eyrie?
    Great shot,
    Gail

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Phenomenal capture, Glenn. Love the gazes of curiosity, and the aged copper quality of their beaks. Detail is outstanding.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

An amazing image Glenn. Love the colors in the background. IQ is great and so nice to get all looking like that.
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by annmpacheco View Post
    Hi Glenn,
    great to see you here, and with such a special delivery. What a gorgeous image, you have a true winner here. The IQ, subjects, and balanced composition is so beautiful. Tell Dave you too are a ROCKSTAR!
    Thanks Ann nice to see you posting again. Love your Oriole image

Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE=Brian Sump;1241881]What a fine shot Glenn. So warm and the matching poses, all in focus is awesome.

Was there a reflection from in front or left like some blue clouds or spruces? Touch of cyan coming through in the light chest feathers and beaks. Just curious mostly, hardly discernible.

Only nits from me are some cloning marks between left most bird and left edge, presumably silhouette from that bird. Also, if you had anymore room on the right it would be great, however the overall composition is sweet.

Thanks for your comments Brian. The catch light in the eyes are the top of the cliff and sky above, I was shooting down at them. I see the mark to the left of the bird, I think it is a mark from a little over dodging I did to lighten up a dark area?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    Dave showed my his frame and my reaction was this is stupid good! you got the same thing! not one, not two but three all looking the same way with a good HA. tack sharp with excellent details too. I also see the faint clone/mask artifacts should be an easy fix. just a touch too yellow and contrasty so I did a 5 second color balance. because I was working on compressed JPEG I got posterization in the BG, should start from RAW again...

awesome frame, too bad these guys were done when I got there

Name:  untitled-21-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  548.2 KB
    Thanks for your comments Arash. Good to see you the other week, you have Dave and I thinking heavy about the Sony gear. You still can't beat that 500PF proven by your Tern post!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McLachlan View Post
    So still chasing the world greatest bird Glenn and you've done them perfect justice.
    Thanks Ian, hope to see you again maybe in your neck of the woods. Dave made me jealous about his trip to see you!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dix View Post
    Fabulous shot. What a treat to get them all looking the same way, in the same plane. Beautiful details, exposure. Arash's RP may be more accurate but for my personal taste I like the warmer OP. Glad to see you posting again; lets see some more.
    Thanks for your comments Bill.. I think Arash has a good point but somewhere in-between may be best

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gail bisson View Post
    So nice to see you posting Glenn!
    What a frame. Not one, not two but three tack sharp birds in the same frame.
    Great HA's.
    I agree that it is an easy fix to get rid of cloning marks. Do you have a sliver more room on the left? It feels a bit tight there.
    Would love to have this frame.
    Can't believe you got all birds sharp at F 4.
    Is this a branch that someone placed near the cliff/eyrie?
    Great shot,
    Gail
    "
    Thanks for your comments Gail and congrats on your Audubon win and the Image of the year win on this site, well deserved. Love your style! I had more room on both side of the birds but this " human located" perch had some bark missing that really drew your eye away from the subjects. Took a lot of frames to get this one with all the eyes going the same direction and perfectly parallel to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Conlan View Post
    Thanks for your comments Arash. Good to see you the other week, you have Dave and I thinking heavy about the Sony gear. You still can't beat that 500PF proven by your Tern post!
    it was good to see you buddy, Sony is king with the 600 prime! zoom lens ain't bad either, sent some RAW's to Dave... but I like the PF's weight and ease of hand holding. I had much better results with it and D500 than the D5 and 600 for this kind of subject, the limited AF coverage of the D5 makes it tough to stay on terns by the storm gate....
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog