Thread: Immunity Booster !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Immunity Booster !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone . I hope everyone is doing great and staying healthy.

Well , the caption applies to both , the subject in the image and the photographer. Reason for my absence was ofocurse Covid-19 , as i tested positive for the same. But thanks to everyones well wishes , i am fine and healthy once again.

Posting an image of a Lion cub from Savuti , from my last trip to Botswana. Still can't get over that place and etching to go again but don't know when that time will come. Until then , the images are there to cherish the memories.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020 , WB, levels, curves, selective colour, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400 f4 with 1.4 x T.C @ 560mm, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1250, f/5.6, iso 2000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, nice to hear all is going in the right direction and both you and your Mother are doing well.

The cub is learning fast in what to do, however I doubt he would have the strength to take down this Buff, perhaps in his dreams? Crazy eyes and nice to see a glimpse of those retractable claws. I'm wondering if you had moved the FP onto the Buffs snout and upped the DoF there may have been more detail/clarity in the Buffs head as it tails off very quickly or is that some applied NR on the head? I might look at adding some Midtone just to get a bit more tonal range back in.

etching to go again but don't know when that time will come.
    It's the same for all of us sadly Haseeb, I had to cancel a few trips and will need to rethink hard, very frustrating but we all need to be sensible. Take care.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb welcome back glad you are Ok.
    I like the image I would like a little more detail/tone/texture in the cub maybe try a little Texture or Clarity on the fur?? Come to think of it maybe the whole image needs just a little more pop.

As for me foreign travel is out I cannot help but feel sitting in an aeroplane with several hundred people is an ideal incubator for any virus. What's that did someone say Hepa filters?? How often are they recharged/replaced how are they tested for efficacy? Where are the results? Nearly every time I go on a plane either I or someone gets a cough or a cold so not for me for the foreseeable future I am afraid.......... I decided to change my car instead!
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 07-24-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Steve and Jon. really glad to see you are fine and safe.

Will definitely try and implement your suggestions to get some more oomph. The FP might be an issue as there was no NR applied. will have to check.

Time for backyard photography to implement the learnings from BPN.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hy Haseeb, nice shot of a would-be little predator! I like the wrinles around his snout and the savage look in his eyes, plus the paw on the snout of the wildebeest. Agree with Steve, if the prey's head would be a bit more in focus it would be better, but then again its the lion cub who is the star of the day. Good framing, the head of the prey actally leads the eye to the intense stare of the cub.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gotta love this Buffalo chew toy Haseeb, well seen, especially granted the nice eye contact, well done.

Do agree above with a bit more work on Curves & levels, without going overboard.

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Marc , and as suggested, slight curve adjustments do help the image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the look in those little eyes. The light sure was nice. The eye contact makes this one.