Thread: Nobility brown hare L europeas Uk

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Nobility brown hare L europeas Uk

Attached Images Attached Images

An image from last year, sadly C19 has clobbered my hare exploits so far this year But we are all but at the stage of being able to go back. So here's a bit of a celebration of looking forwards to being with one again soon.

this was very much contemplated, I've staked a spot out that I know the hares are using alot. i'm there as an image maker becuase the veggies are low I've got this gorgeous valley in front of me ,to provide lovely bkg's. I set up our little seats and wait, and then sneak over to them. One of those gorgeous little hot spots one finds with time care and observation

The image in not cropped ,1/1600 f6.3 ISO 2500 a bit of post in dpp then topaz denoise cuves levels etc in PS

many thanks for the thoughts on my last image

take care

stu

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu the image is far too tall to view in the browser so I downloaded it into PSCC. It seems to have a strong magenta cast - did you convert to sRGB/embed profile??

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Hi Stu the image is far too tall to view in the browser so I downloaded it into PSCC. It seems to have a strong magenta cast - did you convert to sRGB/embed profile??
    I'll check Jon I might just have slipped up when exporting. John what size height wise is viable here?

many thanks

PS jon I'm almost certain I have slipped up i'll hang fire until you reply, and then come back with something smaller !!
    Last edited by Stuart Philpott; 07-20-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

So here's a bit of a celebration of looking forwards to being with one again soon.
    Bring it on Stu.

Hi Stu, overall you did well, I like the pose and perhaps a little off the foot on the crop. Some nice detail and a step up from previous posts, but you can do more. Not sure I see any magenta, but I do feel it could go 'cooler' before you begin any more 'colour management'. Also I think you are being very cautious with Curves, there is a lot more depth you can pull out from the image.

Techs look spot on, ditto the low POV.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, thanks for the kind words, can't wait to get out properly.

Buddy how tall should my files be, so they can be viewed properly by everyone, can you give me a ball park 1920 is too big. Steve I think I messed up in" export as" , didn't check the convert to srgb and embed colour profile boxes.

You are spot on on the curves, I am being gentle,I'll get there Steve. all these tools are so incredibly powerful, I'm being terribly cautious not to over do things

Thanks Steve , great help !!

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu, go for say 1600 on the landscape, 1200 portrait.

Curves are perhaps the best tool because it’s so versatile as there is so much you can couple it with. Most folk do an S curve, fine, but that is just first base, coupled with other adjustments in the same layer and use the options provided, the real ‘power’ begins to unfold, but slowly slowly, it takes time to learn.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

7. Thanks Stuart Philpott thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose from the rabbit, I like the HA and the details in the face. The BG is very nice, makes the rabbit stand out. I think you could crop a bit more from the FG ans still have room for its front paws. As for PP stuff, too much of a newbie for now to give any useful input:).

9. Thanks Stuart Philpott thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love everything about this one. I could see the rabbit lower in the frame with more room above. Easy to say that after the fact.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Stu -- I really liked the FG , leading nicely to the subject . You can give it some more pop , looks nice to me though , in terms of colours and details as well, but certainly scope for some sharpening.

Nicely done. TFS !

12. Thanks Stuart Philpott thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Guys thanks for all the replies, Steve i'm finding i'm being forced to use more than an S curve ,it's still a vast subject for me to dig at but slowly making headway.

Dan I really struggle with post, the digital world,and me don't mesh terribly well. You are in the best place to learn, i'll never be able to put into words how much the members of this group have pushed me forwards.

take care all

stu