Thread: Golden-heade Cisticola

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Golden-heade Cisticola

Attached Images Attached Images

This breeding Golden-headed Cisticola allowed me to fire of a number of different poses. One of my favourites is this "look back" pose. Cheers.

7Dii, 100-400@400mm, 1/25ooth sec, f5.6, iso400. HH.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

looks good Paul, I like the look back, nice light and details and BG. a bit too much empty space around for me

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'd be pretty happy with that too, Paul. What a difference the over-shoulder look towards the camera makes with a bird in this orientation. Great detail where it counts around the head, eye and beak, and nice catchlight, excellent BG too. I'd agree with Arash about the crop, and suggest bringing it in a bit, on the top and perhaps a bit less on the left?
    Cheers, David

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Paul, I like the subject and for me, having a very plain backdrop really isolates the subject well. Again, watch your blacks and HL's, some blacks are clipped and I think I mentioned to you, or was it Dan B how to check? Going a tad warmer with the Temp slider, brings some nice natural tones out IMHO. Agree that the crop could go tighter, but not by much I think, nice to have some breathing space for the subject, but I'm not sure the IQ will hold, is this a big crop currently Paul?

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Arash/David and Steve...feedback appreciated.

Steve: I normally alt click the black slider in PS to set it, but this time I might have done too much in favour of increasing the contrast. Originally the BG was a bit too saturated so I toned it down a little. Yes, this was a fairly large crop, as the bird was some distance away, but I feel I could crop more..I'll try it and see. Cheers.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I normally alt click the black slider in PS to set it, but this time I might have done too much in favour of increasing the contrast.
    Hi Paul, fine, then you can see any clipping and then peg it back a few places, as I feel you never want to be bang on. Contrast, oh not my favourite word because for me, it kills detail, and adds sharpening, you would be better off working on your Midtones, this is where your detail lies. My fear would be that you increase Contrast and the subject look contrasty and therefore moving away from a more 'natural look' IMHO. When you see this bird does it look 'contrasty' or are the darks and neutrals more softer and tonally more gradual?

Paul this is just my take, so you don't have to follow it, just thoughts, look forward to seeing a RP.

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Paul I like this frame. I thought maybe the crop was too loose but when I right click, open in new tab and viewed condensed I actually liked it better.

On thing to strive for is maybe not a dead stick. Lots of things working here though.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Late to this one. Love it completely, my friend. Framing is spot on. Congrats and TFS.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Paul...Everything went together here nicely...IQ, processing, everything fits...Love that stare with the look back pose...pretty cool.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The look back pose makes this one. Killer background. Sharp right on that eye.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done. Nice Image. Agree with the points. f/8 would have been better in my opinion. Also having the bird a bit higher in the frame would help.

TFS