Thread: Northern plains grey langur ( Semnopithecus)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Northern plains grey langur ( Semnopithecus)

Attached Images Attached Images

I have posted a similar image previously this is a reprocess. I was previously having some problems with Colour Balance/Temperature but I think this one is now a little closer to the mark. The image was hand held.
    Olympus : E-M1X
    Lens focal length : 64 mm
    Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 128.0mm
    Metering mode : Pattern
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    ISO Sensitivity : 1000
    Exposure time : 1/200 sec
    F number : F5.6
    Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
    Flash : OFF

ACR/PSCC

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was previously having some problems with Colour Balance/Temperature but I think this one is now a little closer to the mark.
    Looks like you have finally nailed it Jon.

Colours looks good, likewise the clarity/sharpness, especially in the faces. I might paint back the FG rocks, say about 50%, just to keep focus on the subjects and just crop a sliver off the top to loose the sky HL's say just above that bright green leaf just off centre. Although the light looks flat, it looks natural to me.

Glad you finally sorted it, so no more 'fiddling'.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve, the rocks have been toned down considerably they were really competing with the langur, I agree a sliver off the top would have been better.
    I have been reviewing my India images and whilst I have plenty of subjects the vast majority have some major deficiency e.g. twigs branches in the wrong place/subject not quite the right angle/mist pollution, a shame really they could have been so much better withe a little luck here and there. Oh well at least it has forced me to review my processing and that has had a positive outcome.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve, the rocks have been toned down considerably they were really competing with the langur,
    I think you are on a different tack here Jon, but after our discussion you know what I was referring too now.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. A wonderful moment captured here. I like the framing/crop. The detail looks right on as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice moment between mother & baby here Jon, not having seen the OP, this one ticks all the boxes, agree on a bit off the top for the sky HL's too.

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon, it looks like you have had another fruitful trip,was tis your first to india I have a bit of catching up to do. I like what I can see jon , obviously there were some niggles before but from what I can see here the image looks natural , the moment caught is lovely.. i've noted the comments re a bit off the top ,but might have been inclined to pull the whole frame down just a tad. Beautifu detail as always buddy

TFS

stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon -- What a lovely moment and the image looks very nice in terms of colours and details, though good lighting conditions would have made it even better . Looks like you have come to terms with your new equipment .

Always difficult to get that tail of this creature.

Nice one. TFS !