Thread: Avocet B

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Avocet B

Name:  20200630-Avocet-wingsdown-COLORS-Berkley-Brian-Sump-_BMS0202-SIG-FORUM.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  557.2 KB

No open beak and tighter crop but more color.

D850
    600mm + 1.4
    Handheld
    ISO 640
    1/2000
    f7.1

LR and PS, DNAI. Blended colors on a couple bkg spots, normal curves, levels and colors adj.
    Last edited by Brian Sump; 07-07-2020 at 07:55 PM.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice.. nice Bg, 1/2000 at iso640 @ 7.1?
    Just wondering?
    Could have been 1/3200 @ f5.6 @ iso800 or so.
    I don't usually question techs on a nice photo, but could be sharper and next
    time I would change the settings.
    f7.1 did you no good on the far wing anyway, I always question shooting anything other than wide open
    on flight shots, it doesn't get you much DOF and is just slower and noisier.
    Dan Kearl

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dankearl View Post
    Nice.. nice Bg, 1/2000 at iso640 @ 7.1?
    Just wondering?
    Could have been 1/3200 @ f5.6 @ iso800 or so.
    I don't usually question techs on a nice photo, but could be sharper and next
    time I would change the settings.
    f7.1 did you no good on the far wing anyway, I always question shooting anything other than wide open
    on flight shots, it doesn't get you much DOF and is just slower and noisier.
    Hey Dan, I agree. Was shooting a Wood Duck mom with three chicks on an island and the Avocet flew by (Wood Ducks coming later).

I have lots of 1/3200 shots that aren't this sharp. But yeah, law of averages.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very Nice Image. Like the colors I am not sure on the wing position on the left side.

Agree with Dan's point on going for higher shutter speed.

TFS

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Brian I like the backdrop, sits well with the subjects colour palette. I could also see an option where the subject slight higher in frame. Agree on the techs, but understand why.

A question and don't ask me why I'm asking, because I cannot honestly give a good reason how it came about, and it's something I have never seen before... I'm only flagging it up incase there is something wrong with the camera as it's a recent acquisition. It's less evident in this image, compared to the previous one, but the file appears to have 'imprinted' image of what looks/appears like the sensor, it's some form of grid. I can't believe it's from any Processing software, so I can only think it stems from the time of capture. Not knowing Nikon I have no clue, Arash might? I will drop you a line.

Cheers
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Brian I like the backdrop, sits well with the subjects colour palette. I could also see an option where the subject slight higher in frame. Agree on the techs, but understand why.

A question and don't ask me why I'm asking, because I cannot honestly give a good reason how it came about, and it's something I have never seen before... I'm only flagging it up incase there is something wrong with the camera as it's a recent acquisition. It's less evident in this image, compared to the previous one, but the file appears to have 'imprinted' image of what looks/appears like the sensor, it's some form of grid. I can't believe it's from any Processing software, so I can only think it stems from the time of capture. Not knowing Nikon I have no clue, Arash might? I will drop you a line.

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, received email. For the love of God, how did you ever see that??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve, received email. For the love of God, how did you ever see that??
    I said, don't ask Brian , an absolute fluke, but as I said, I'm only flagging it up incase you have an issue with the new camera, as it's something I have never seen before!!!!
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Can you share the content of the email ? It will be interesting to know what is the issue

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose and nice light. Really diggin those background colors here. Detail looks quite good as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

def better BG than the last one,both wings could be a bit lower but not bad as is, I wish the far wing had cleared the beak though. processing looks good maybe a touch less contrast, a touch warmer and a touch lifting of the far wing shadows where it's a bit blocked

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

12. Thanks Brian Sump thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Appreciate the comments!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks plenty sharp enouogh to me wiith a BKGR to die for. Bad luck with the merge of the base of the bill with the sunlit triangle on the far wiinig ...

Do share what we are all missing :)(

A
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, its no big deal, I thought there was a form of grid imprinted into the file, something I had never seen before, it resembled for a better description a sensor. A very quirky phenomenon, certainly nothing I have ever seen in 10 years plus with LR, and was concerned it could be a camera issue. I suggested Brian contact Arash, he thinks it’s a LR artifact, case closed.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all.

Steve, Ari said, "Looks like Adobe LR artifacts, we had a thread on this a while back I think". He could not find the link.

Does not appear something to be concerned about.