Thread: Tree Swallow and Whatever It Is It Caught.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tree Swallow and Whatever It Is It Caught.

Attached Images Attached Images

A fun nest to photograph, and in a natural cavity. On this day the parents found a motherload of whatever that is in the bill and kept coming back and back again with their bills full of these lime-green insects to feed their brood with.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Daniel, Tree Swallows are beautiful by design. Fun looking at the camera with the 'whatever' lol.

Bird gets lost just a tad with all the bark, lichen and the leaves but I find it sorta fun as well.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool Shot. Like the Green in the background.

TFS

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dan, the image looks a bit heavy in the contrast to me and perhaps a tad vibrant, the leaves have a curious appearance, soft and yet almost edgy if you get my drift. I would be inclined to tone the brightness of the bark down.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quite the mouthful here. I just love the sleek look of their body. Looks so streamlined. The vertical framing is spot on. Also digging that lichen on the side of the tree.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm with John. Not sure what Jon is seeing *** the contrast looks perfect as do the highlights. The bugs are amazing. And the image is superbly framed and designed and the eye contact with the bird's left is is great. All iin all I love this one.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.