Thread: Spiderwort

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spiderwort

Attached Images Attached Images

Image made 10 days ago. These are all gone.
    Canon 7DII + 100-400 II + tripod
    f/16, 1/30/ISO 800
    DPP4, PSCC, Nik detail extractor, cropped to remove some of bottom part for composition

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

These flowers are hard to make a nice image of, they are all bunched together. I like the crop here. The dew here is nice. Great background. Depth of field looks pretty good as well.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Composition. Diagonal line works well.

Like the Yellow on Blue. I am not sure if Image stacking is there way to go here, I still see some out of focus areas.

I have never got an image that works and was not successful with stacking as well so they all went to delete folder.

TFS

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very pleasing I really like the colours, the DOF is pretty good, maybe a stack would have been slightly better but I like the image as presented. Composition is appealing, i don't know if your extractor was on the background but if it was I would be inclined to remove it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Spectacular sharpnesss and d-o-f. Was this a set-up or did you photograph it as it grew???

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Spectacular sharpnesss and d-o-f. Was this a set-up or did you photograph it as it grew???

a
    Thanks Artie, This was in the wild and was pretty far away from the trail for 180/3.5, so I used 100-400 @ 400 mm. I am also pleased with the nice oof background with the telephoto lens.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Very pleasing I really like the colours, the DOF is pretty good, maybe a stack would have been slightly better but I like the image as presented. Composition is appealing, i don't know if your extractor was on the background but if it was I would be inclined to remove it.
    Thanks Jonathan,
    I used detail extractor only on the flower.