Thread: Baby Week - Day 2 - A wee Wood Duck

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Baby Week - Day 2 - A wee Wood Duck

Name:  20200626-Wood-Duck-BABY-Berkley-Brian-Sump-_BMS7857-SIG-FORUM-nofinalsharp-final.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  557.2 KB

I must be a glutton for punishment doing all these chicks in a row. If nothing else, sharpening up my PP skills (no pun intended). Anyhow, here is the next in line.

Again, if sharpening is your concern I would love specifics. Obviously face is wet and should be considered. TIA.

D850
    600mm + 1.4x
    Handheld
    ISO 1000
    1/3200
    f6.3

Post in LR and PS, DNAI. Did a fair amount of work in the water as it was right along the moss line. Fairly large crop which is why I didn't bring it in any more.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

High on the cuteness scale. Perfect head angle. POV just right to get a perfect reflection of the head. I particularly like the sharpness of the water drops on the reflected head.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yepper, cute as..., well you know. Great job on sharpening, wonderful low POV, the water is killer. Agree with Bill on that reflection. TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A great frame of this little one. Love the droplets on the head and that reflection is great. Nice color to the water. Looks a tad bright to me. But that could just be a difference in monitors.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

WW, NOw that you have perfected bird photography and image processsing, you might consider returning to football. I love the bit of yellow leg showing and the blue sky reflections at the back. With more luck, they would have been in front of the duckling ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bill, David - mucho many thanks!

John - the difference between my Macbook Pro 16" and my NEC monitor is quite drastic. It looks 1.5x brighter on the Mac so I could see what you might be seeing.

Artie - if that's not humbling, not sure what is. I feel like two weeks ago I was getting abused for my processing Definitely been working hard on it though.... thank you my friend.

Regarding football, well you know I am a weekend warrior right? I still lead the comp leagues in TD's per season at the ripe ol age of 39.5!

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the low angle, I'd warm up the colors a bit looks a bit muted on my screen. I like the yellow foot too

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    I like the low angle, I'd warm up the colors a bit looks a bit muted on my screen. I like the yellow foot too

TFS
    Thanks Ari

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cute!
    I think most things have been said here but I like the low shooting angle, crucial for these type of shots. Nice exposure and details.
    Agree on warming it up a bit.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super cute and very engaging, so that's good! Low angle is money, and the techs all look good. I agree about warming the image a bit. A really fine effort.