Thread: Playtime again...

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Playtime again...

Attached Images Attached Images

It's so nice to see Wildlife paying no attention to our presence and just having fun. PB's roll & rub in the snow to dry off, in the same way we may use a towel. This young guy was having so much fun and the light was to die for. There is more room L & R but I left more below for him to roll into, which he did. Seems a lifetime away since photographing him and the lockdown impact!

Not sure if he was trying to make a star in the snow?

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Polar bear (Ursus maritimus) drying off in the snow
    Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
    Lens: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM HH
    Exposure: 1/2500s at f/8 ISO1000
    Original format: Landscape, very slight crop from the L/R and foot
    Processed via: LRC 9.3 & PS2020
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely, so wonderful. No nits from me looks great. The light was magnificent. You are right about the lockdown, I missed a whole winter and spring seasons when opportunities are best. Thank you for sharing, Steve.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hy Steve, wonderfull image, almost makes you forget that PB are apex predators ( but those paws are a good reminder). I like the way you compsed the frame, leaving more under him, since it looks like he was going to roll over. Plus the detail in fur and snow.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Polar bear! Love the setting and the pose with the bear on his back. Detail is spot on per ususal.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Outstanding processing Steve, it looks absolutely ideal. Composition, I appreciate what you did and why you did it and I suspect that was the best decision under circumstance.
    Looking at it from a composition point of view, I feel a little uneasy, I really don't know what else you could have done..... but that big empty space at the bottom, well I am not too keen, I don't feel it adds anything. Maybe a crop to say an inch below the prints in the snow , I doubt you will agree but I think that would look better.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe a crop to say an inch below the prints in the snow , I doubt you will agree but I think that would look better.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.