Thread: Tiger (Panthera tigris)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger (Panthera tigris)

Attached Images Attached Images

This is nothing new but I would like to gauge your opinions on this image, I have thought a little more about the processing, I slowed down and I personally feel it is a pretty good representation of the scene. Despite my opinion don't hold back I won't be offended!

Hand held
    Olympus : E-M1X
    Lens focal length : 210 mm
    Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 421.0mm
    Metering mode : Pattern
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    ISO Sensitivity : 2500
    Exposure time : 1/320 sec
    F number : F4
    Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
    Flash : OFF

ACR/PSCC

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I slowed down and I personally feel it is a pretty good representation of the scene. Despite my opinion don't hold back I won't be offended!
    Hi Jon, I remember the shot, but this repost I feel doesn't do the original capture justice. Not sure what you slowed down, but based on the posting I would slowdown the darker exposure and warm red coming through. It's lost a lot of vibrance and impact, it appears very flat and lacks the impact I feel you originally captured. Techs we have covered previously and this was a learning curve with the new kit, taken now I know you would have changed a lot of the techs which in turn would have delivered a better capture.

This maybe way off, I can only go on numbers and my own experiences with these majestic cats, WDYT?

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It wasn't quite so bright from what I remember, your image appears bright and vibrant and it was quite muted light , the foreground was brighter than I posted. I feel the dull greens of mine look about right.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It wasn't quite so bright from what I remember, your image appears bright and vibrant and it was quite muted light
    Thats fine, I'm just looking at it from what could be done Jon based on the OP, muted fine, but the OP is to me muddy and lacks tonal range/depth - flat I guess, not muted with a bias IMHO Jon. I get the impression you have changed parts of your WF as the bias is creeping into other images?

I feel the dull greens of mine look about right.
    Greens aren't green but more blue green, (colder) I think Jon, semantics perhaps, but maybe if you remove the cast, or bias then it might be going towards your recollection, WDYT?

If you want to call. I'm around.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this one. The way the tiger is peeking out of the grass is pretty sweet. Framing looks good to me as well.