Thank You Posts

Default Common Seal

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX Mk2
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2 with 2xiii
    f/8
    1/800
    ISO 800

This is another frame from my time with the Seals in my hometown a couple of weeks ago. Approx 30% cropped from the original image...HH. PS 2020 and ACR(which has just been updated)

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Overall, a very nice frame Will and I like the open mouth. I would try and get some more depth back in on the rock & kelp, just needs some more oomph IMHO. Did you lighten the mouth, it looks a bit light. Lookout for those DB's on the LHS, might be due a service?

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for that Steve, appreciated....Never lightened the mouth....Yes, I agree Steve..it's never been serviced since I got it Must get it done...The sensor is definitely needing a clean...I think there is a decent shop in Edinburgh that will do it.

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think there is a decent shop in Edinburgh that will do it.
    Please not 'Mc Snappies' Will.

Will you should become a CPS member, but if you do take it in. iit MUST BE a Pro Dealership, would you plan to drop off & collect, ask them for a Full service cost ie sensor, check AF etc, you can then compare with Canons own service sheet costs on the web. BTW copy ALL camera settings to a card and keep, as often if they do the job correctly they may change some setting, and you don't want to be shooting sRGB again.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for that Steve...I kept the 1DX so can use that whilst the Mk2 is away. The shop I was referring to is Cameratiks on Morningside Road. I'll wait till everything is up and running again ...High Streets up here still like ghost towns, even on the Royal Mile

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beauty of a view of this seal. Like the framing and all that seaweed on the rock. The yawning pose is nice. If that is what the seal is doing. Detail and sharpness look great.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really liked this frame Will, loved the perch and the wide gaping mouth , nice details and colours.

All in all a job well done.

TFS !