Thread: Greeting Party

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Greeting Party

Attached Images Attached Images

Back in 2018 upon arrival on a small landing strip near Kwetsani Camp in Botswana, we were greeted by at least three African Wild Dogs which the pilot said was unique because they are often hard to find. Needless to say we were very happy when at least two other encounters with packs of them occurred. The African Wild Dog was at the top of my four legged target list. C&C welcome.

D500, Sigma 150 - 600mm C @ 310mm, 1/500s, f 6.3, HH, ISO 1250

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely seen Geoffrey,

good eye contact, having this well fed male on the tarmac makes for good subject isolation and low POV, just wondering if you cloned out the transmitter on his tracking collar? Speaking of tracking......looks like he's about to deposit his own tracks any second.

TFS

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Mol View Post
    Nicely seen Geoffrey,

good eye contact, having this well fed male on the tarmac makes for good subject isolation and low POV, just wondering if you cloned out the transmitter on his tracking collar? Speaking of tracking......looks like he's about to deposit his own tracks any second.

TFS
    Thanks Marc. No cloning. There is no tracking collar or transmitter to clone. To be sure I went back and checked all the images of this group and found no signs of tracking collars or transmitters.

Geoffrey

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to have the wild dog out in the open. The pose and eye contact are very nice.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like the framing Geoffrey and the low POV works well, was this a little under exposed as the neck looks a fraction noisy. Nice detail overall, likewise the colour. Can't remember if there are two air strips, as I have always taken the 2 hour drive because the water was quite low. Did you ever get to Hunda island?

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Like the framing Geoffrey and the low POV works well, was this a little under exposed as the neck looks a fraction noisy. Nice detail overall, likewise the colour. Can't remember if there are two air strips, as I have always taken the 2 hour drive because the water was quite low. Did you ever get to Hunda island?

TFS
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, Yes it was a little under exposed.

There seem to be two air strips. I don't think we got over to Hunda Island.

Geoffrey

Last edited by Geoffrey Montagu; 06-02-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Montagu View Post
    Thanks Marc. No cloning. There is no tracking collar or transmitter to clone. To be sure I went back and checked all the images of this group and found no signs of tracking collars or transmitters.
    Geoffrey
    If that's not a tracking collar Geoffrey, there is definitely something around it's neck evident by the rim/cut effect of it's fur. Most strange, I hope it wasn't a wire snare?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow Geoffrey , what an encounter. I liked the low POV and the look by your subject. Nice details overall, looks slightly noisy and heavier in blacks.

I liked this image nonetheless and really want to see more from your trip, love that place, Botswana.

TFS !

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone.

Geoffrey